Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
Well the amount of interest I didn't have when selling my custom HW95 (it's sold now) probably proves that people want other things, when ever anyone puts up a "what rifle" thread, instantly you get HW99 or 95 mentioned by 80% of the replies, so I found it a little strange that there wasn't much more interest in mine considering mine was how a lot of peoples end up like

Pete
For what it's worth, I don't think yours was necessarily through lack of interest: I'd have bought it in a heartbeat and saw the ad and your mentioning on the other thread.
I simply didn't have the money to hand because of other expenses over Christmas and the fact that I've had to tone down my airgun purchases lately. No point blowing smoke up a seller's whatsits and replying too say how lovely something is if you're shopping with no money.. .

I suspect that maybe other potential buyers were the same boat.

On the AA break barrel, as mentioned on the thread they have allegedly had a break barrel on the back burner for ages. No great shock there - they make airguns and the break barrel springer is the most obvious and common format of any of them. They already have the manufacturing and purchasing connections in place to do it, so it can only be that they don't see enough money in it at present.

How the prospect of an air rifle manufacturer making a decent variant of the most common format of air rifle can't be viable has me baffled, but then I used to work in the niche side of the car industry at one point, and many times we had similar questions being asked by customers, with "you should do such and such" or "why don't you make a so and so".

But in some circumstances even well regarded, well known companies aren't quite as flush as the marketing blurb would have you believe and if you sink a few thousand quid into getting tooled up and new production, you have to be damn sure that you're going to get a return on it pretty sharpish. The current economic climate is no place to be playing fast and loose with new products that need money throwing at them.

Having said that, they've seen fit to throw out the Ill fated 510TC, and the collectors-only RSN70, so who knows?...