Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
Design, tooling and production costs, and too much competition in the market, would be my guess.

Could they be sure of getting their money back?

Risky in today's economic climate.
Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball50 View Post
I really think AA are missing a trick. I'm thinking about picking up a 95K next month, I'd love to have the dilemma of choosing an Air Arms product as I did when buying my 97KT.
Unfortunately not enough people buy British made products and instantly think German stuff is better, you've already proved why because you bought a 97(when you could have chose British and got a TX or PS) and you're already set on buying a 95, if all shooters in the UK instantly bought AA instead of HW, then they would have the lions share of the market and no excuse not to make a break barrel, the other problem is HW have too many to choose from in their range to cater for the masses and if AA did bring out a break barrel it would be torn to pieces by the shooting fraternity as it wouldn't be perfect for them as they would have "expected more" from such a prestigious maker, the problem is AA now have to supply the rest of the world and not all countries have such low power restrictions as the UK, so it's difficult to have a happy medium for all and for them to produce a rifle just for the UK power limit is risky business but if they had HW's share of the market as well then they probably would.

Slightly off topic, someone else pointed out a few months ago that Custom stocks in Sheffield had hardly sold any stocks for the HW99 although all you 99 owners came on here whinging months before about the lack of nice stocks available and when they do start making one they have hardly any sales, would that be the same case with a break barrel from AA, would we actually buy one if they made one? would you sell your 95 to fund one? I think people know my answer to that question.

Pete