Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
Way back in the dawn of time (around 1985) me and my mates had air rifles. FWB, Airsporter, HW80 and an ancient and very poor Hw35. The 35 belonged to Tim, or rather his dad. We all know a Tim, he's the kind that'll sit in a tree for three hours to know what its like to be a squirrel. He's the sort that'll strip all the bluing off his dads air rifle, and all the varnish so he can paint it camo. Badly! So, the gun was massivley oversized with that ridiculous (and bent) barrel, it was painted many kinds of gloss (which still didn't hide those 1950's wooden pencil case grooves down the side of the stock) and to top it all he used to make his own pellets by drilling holes in a plank of wood and tipping molten lead into it! The whole cumulative experience of being near an HW35 was one of wonder at the crap design, looks and performance.

Since then whenever I think of a 35 I get a tight little knot of anger deep inside me. I loathe them!
'Kin 'ell, Nick!

No wonder you show so much hatred towards this rifle after such an introduction.

And Tim sounds like a right muppet!