Thread: Left handed pcp

Left handed pcp

I have just ordered a daystate huntsman regal ,left handed,how many other makes offer a left handed stock and left handed bolt,as well as being able to load magazine from left side, there dosent seem to be much choise if you are born left handed

BSA do a left handed R10 and perhaps others .
    Downside is , you have to pay extra for being a southpaw ☹️

being left handed costs

Quote Originally Posted by alakar View Post
    bsa do a left handed r10 and perhaps others .
    Downside is , you have to pay extra for being a southpaw ☹️
    i had to pay daystate an extra £50 for the privelage of being left handed.

Left handed rifle.

I have a BSA R10 Mk.2. Left handed stock and bolt. The magazine loads from the left side. Perfect for us "golly handers".

Not sure if you can still get a new one, but the S410 from Air Arms loads the mag from the left and you could at one time have a left hand stock but only in walnut, and the action can be converted to left hand bolt that closes down properly. I have one from 2002 but with a custom stock.

I also have a S400 long series with FAC air tube in a left hand stock but with that rifle I prefer a right hand bolt as the scope has a large sidewheel and loading from the left would be awkward.

In my gun cupboard there is a Daystate Airwolf with a left hand bolt and they can have the mag load from either side. The stock is an ambi but after some mods including a raised cheek piece http://i.imgur.com/py4FGE5.jpg I'm very happy with it.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Not sure if you can still get a new one, but the S410 from Air Arms loads the mag from the left and you could at one time have a left hand stock but only in walnut, and the action can be converted to left hand bolt that closes down properly. I have one from 2002 but with a custom stock.
    I too used to have a walnut stocked air arms 410 carbine.
    Left handed stock , right handed action , with a w.t.c. on top .
    Damn I wish I'd never sold it !
    Traded it in for a HW100 when the first quckfill ones came out.
    Then a left handed BSA R10 , then a lefthanded Daystate Huntsman and then back to a HW100.
    B.A.R still list left handed Air Arms on their website as well as Daystates.

Being a lefty is a pain, as you say much more expensive! And if your looking for second hand you don't have much choice! I had a bsa r10 mk2 full left hand and i shoot aa s200 which is ambi stocked but the mag and bolt are on the right.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Theoben put out a limited number of dediicated left handed Rapid 7's some time back, both stock and action !
    I owned a nice .177 MFR such as this but moved it on. Sort of regret it now but I needed something else at the time. They'll be a few about but they're like the proverbial "hens teeth" to find.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by taito View Post
    Being a lefty is a pain, as you say much more expensive! And if your looking for second hand you don't have much choice! I had a bsa r10 mk2 full left hand and i shoot aa s200 which is ambi stocked but the mag and bolt are on the right.

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I see you have a TX200hc in your signature.

I have recently bought a used lefty and after using it I think that a little more thought could have gone into the design. Whilst the loading port is cut out to the left side of the gun, the anti-beartrap release is on the right which is awkward as you use your right arm to cock it. The easiest way round this for me is to press the abt with my thumb whilst I use my middle finger to push the cocking lever past the notches and then close the lever as normal.

I wouldn't have thought that it would be too difficult to fit the abt on the left and machine the notches accordingly.

What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Sorry for hijacking the thread but I see you have a TX200hc in your signature.

I have recently bought a used lefty and after using it I think that a little more thought could have gone into the design. Whilst the loading port is cut out to the left side of the gun, the anti-beartrap release is on the right which is awkward as you use your right arm to cock it. The easiest way round this for me is to press the abt with my thumb whilst I use my middle finger to push the cocking lever past the notches and then close the lever as normal.

I wouldn't have thought that it would be too difficult to fit the abt on the left and machine the notches accordingly.

What are your thoughts?
    If they went to the trouble to put the loading port in the other side wht not the bear trap, my thoughts exactly! It would make it a lot easier to use. Ive since sold the rifle on, it was a pleasure to shoot but as you say still fiddly.

I prefer the RH bolt on both my PCPs. Both have LH mags, would prefer RH mag like the HW100, maybe thats next, but they only seem to do ambi or RH stocks. A full LH stock for a HW100 would be nice.
    Thanks - Geoff.