Andrew it was good to talk to you last night. Sorry I had to cut it short for my tea

Just to clarify, the number that matched up with the tap is normally right up by the underlever pivot point, and is not normally visible until you remove the main underlever arm. The number on the tap needs to match the same number on its corresponding breech block. Number on the trigger block is different in a lot of cases.

Also I echo Edbears words about finding the right spring combination that is right for the gun. Just because your gun was rebuilt, doesnt mean that optimum parts were specially selected for the rebuild - in fact probably the opposite. Since money and time had already been spent on the re-furb, it is likely that the old used spring was put back into the gun before its sale. Most owners of these guns are not especially concerned with high levels of power. Sweet shooting cycles, leading to better accuracy are more important.

Trial and error will lead to you finding the right combination of lubrication, spring choice and pellet selection in order to obtain maximum accuracy. Dont forget the deep clean of the barrel, as chances are it will be the first time that the barrel may have been cleaned since manufacture.

Now that you have my contact details, ring me if you get stuck or need more info

Kind Regards

Andy