Thread: Left handed pcp

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Sorry for hijacking the thread but I see you have a TX200hc in your signature.

I have recently bought a used lefty and after using it I think that a little more thought could have gone into the design. Whilst the loading port is cut out to the left side of the gun, the anti-beartrap release is on the right which is awkward as you use your right arm to cock it. The easiest way round this for me is to press the abt with my thumb whilst I use my middle finger to push the cocking lever past the notches and then close the lever as normal.

I wouldn't have thought that it would be too difficult to fit the abt on the left and machine the notches accordingly.

What are your thoughts?
    If they went to the trouble to put the loading port in the other side wht not the bear trap, my thoughts exactly! It would make it a lot easier to use. Ive since sold the rifle on, it was a pleasure to shoot but as you say still fiddly.

I prefer the RH bolt on both my PCPs. Both have LH mags, would prefer RH mag like the HW100, maybe thats next, but they only seem to do ambi or RH stocks. A full LH stock for a HW100 would be nice.
    Thanks - Geoff.