Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Selling mistake

Selling mistake

Hi there, long time listener first time caller here. After spending the last 2 years thinning out my collection, I have now only 3 guns left which I will never sell, mk1 Rapid .25, Eliminator .22 and an Fwb80. There were times when I felt physically sick when I parted with a couple of rifles and almost shed a tear over a pistol. I most regret selling my Fwb 300 and always think of getting another but fear it would be like sleeping with an ex and ruin my memories of it. What's been your biggest selling mistakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojadog View Post
    Hi there, long time listener first time caller here. After spending the last 2 years thinning out my collection, I have now only 3 guns left which I will never sell, mk1 Rapid .25, Eliminator .22 and an Fwb80. There were times when I felt physically sick when I parted with a couple of rifles and almost shed a tear over a pistol. I most regret selling my Fwb 300 and always think of getting another but fear it would be like sleeping with an ex and ruin my memories of it. What's been your biggest selling mistakes?
    Every air rifle I've ever sold!

Choosing one, it would be my Airsporter Centenary which was still mint (though not unfired) and boxed with everything present and correct, when I sold it to Target Sports in Bolton. To be honest, I don't miss the gun that much because it was pretty unrefined in use, but I do think I undervalued it by a large margin.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

.177 Theoben Countryman Carbine - biggest mistake of my life parting with that...

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Whizzer (don't actually regret selling, it, I just regret not waiting a couple of years for it to go up 5x in value!)
    PH Phoenix MK1B
    TX200SR (replaced about a year ago)
    Park (wasn't that accurate, should have rebareled it)
    Sirocco GP
    Career carbine (recently replaced)
    Superstar carbine .177 (should have just taken out the gasram and reverted to spring / short stroked it a little)

Mostly I sold stuff I wasn't using, so no big deal really. It's only the unnusual stuff that's tricky, as it's not easily replaced.
    The varied collection has grown a little too large, and I'm moving house soon, so a little more thinning may be required.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    .177 Theoben Countryman Carbine - biggest mistake of my life parting with that...
    Isn't it weird - I have exactly that gun, and as I was writing my post above, I was thinking, as part of the house move thin out - that one might have to go (applying my "if you haven't shot it in a year" criteria). Will give you the heads up first, but not making any decisions until February.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Never been a lover of springers but I bought a tx 200 mk 1 brand new in a walnut stock some years ago I don't think it had a tin of pellets through it wish I had it tuned today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    Isn't it weird - I have exactly that gun, and as I was writing my post above, I was thinking, as part of the house move thin out - that one might have to go (applying my "if you haven't shot it in a year" criteria). Will give you the heads up first, but not making any decisions until February.
    Don't do it, Jon - you will be as gutted as I was if you out it...

I'd say my falcon FN19 single shot in full L/H model.
    Bought brand new from Henry Cranks in Pudsey but I was skint and it had to go. Only 6 month after buying it and the dive bottle for over £650 and i let it go for £350. Gutted wasn't the word

HW80 'Bavaria' - standard stock in beech laminate - 0.25 calibre.

Still gutted to this day. Even thought of getting a laminate stock made for another.
    BSA Meteor .22 - the mans calibre

Every rifle sold has been to aid/allow purchase of the next, as I have ended up with the two that I class as "ultimate airguns" in a .20 MFR & FAC .25 Rapid I can't call any sales "mistakes".

Left hand Falcon Light Hunter with a lovely stock.

Ora

FWB65. Still the pistol I shot my personal best with when I used to shoot target pistol seriously. I thought the spanking new Hammerli PCP target pistol would be better; it probably was just not better for me....

Frog

Vermin Al is offline Some say, ..... 4,000fps is enough
    RWS Excalibre, carbine. Simple to maintain and super accurate. To this day I don't know why I sold it.
    Al

The only rifle I have regretted selling was a Theoben Fenman Profile in .20, not because of it's performance or accuracy, but it's value.

Opposite the cow-field, just outside Dover, Kent
    Falcon FN12 Raptor Lighthunter, lovely walnut stock.

I gave up as I wasn't shooting much and springers were ample, would go back to pcp only if I could get this gun back .... now off to weep gently at the memory of the gun I loved and my foolishness
    Last edited by Bad Beagle; 09-01-2017 at 03:23 PM.
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others