Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
UKBR22 is one set of rules, the NSRA rules differ substantially.

At our club we currently have 17 members actively competing in bench rest - in our case at 20 yards - shooting to NSRA rules.

The highest scoring member uses a S400 action in a home made aluminium box section stock (originally from Darren Petts) and he has a 18x scope on top.

The second highest scoring member uses a Walther, can't recall the model but it's the FT rifle with the long hamster, and he has a Bushnell 6-24 sidewheel scope on top.

I'm in third place with a S400 with the long air cylinder and a Falcon T35 on top.

Last season the Walther guy had the best average 194.2, another chap with a BSA R10 was second 193.9 and I was third (again) 193.2.

So there isn't much in it. Do you need to spend £2k?

For what it's worth, I shot this discipline originally with an EV2 mark 1, changed to a Hammerli and improved my scores, changed to the long S400 and stayed about the same level.
I dont necessarily need to spend 2 grand (who does ? ) but I wanted to give "an impressession" of what my budget may be.
I already have a Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x40AO which may fit the bill scopewise but I dont know how it would stand weight-wise, or is it the total combo weight that counts ?