Thread: Bench Rested Target Air Rifle.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Thought I would air this question on here with you Guys.
    I've no experience of the above but last year I joined an indoor club with a 33 yard indoor range with future plans to increase this.
    I'm considering acquiring a quality .177 target rifle and as such, I'd appreciate some recommendations as what to buy, scope included ?
    The rifle would be used exclusively for the above purpose and not for sporting use.
    Budget 2k for the right combo !
    Thanks.

Oh, and it must be Left Handed !

Most of the quality PCP,s used for FT and HFT can give good results off the bench with the best dome headed pellets such as JSB/AA 8.4 and 7.9 gr
    At L&D the majority of rifles used are AA models AA Classic/MPR/HFT500/EV2/FTP 900.
    A regulated rifle takes away the shot number /power curve anxiety problem but puts costs up slightly
    The 10 metre target rifles do not perform well at 20 and 25 yds. You need the higher power of a FT type air rifle

The scope should ideally be high fixed mag with very fine cross hair(with or without target dot)

The Weaver T 36 or Sightron are ideal
    Falcon 35 x is also a good choice
    Go for 1/8 MOA adjustments
    I have emailed you an entry and the rules for the Midlands Summer benchrest postal which starts in April
    Rgds
    John
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 16-01-2017 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Added scope info