Hi All,

Recently picked up the Challenger Carbine 0.22, please may I ask the following questions:
1. Barrel length 14 ", the rifling ends at the crown, my std Challengers rifling ends about one and a quarter inches in from the end. Is this normal for the Carbine version? I don't think the barrel has been shortened, if it was, it was done professionally as the machining and threading for the foresight screw is perfect.

2. I realise the Carbine version is rare, but, does anyone know how many were made?

3. Although value is very subjective on many things, basis my description following below, a ball-park figure would be nice to know.

The Carbine looks totally original, complete with metal open sights. The stock and open sight screw heads are not marked. The bluing looks original, has a few small speckles of rust here and there, nothing serious and have virtually disappeared with finest wire wool and ACF50. There is no thinning of bluing on the barrel due to cocking, despite more effort required on the short barrel. I would say 85 to 90% condition.

The stock has only a few tiny marks and looks fine, no splits...I would say about 90 to 95%.

Most likely, none of the above would show in a photograph. I do not have a photograph hosting sight and don't want one, just like I don't want or need Facebook, but, I would be quite willing to email or PM a photograph to anyone interested if that is allowed under the rules.

I need batteries for my Combro so I used my other technical gadget to get a feel of power - the zinc plated steel rubbish bin at 10 yards. Going by the impact noise and dent, I would say 11.32 to 11.49, with no wind I did manage to hit it....!

Will appreciate any information, please excuse me if I don't reply for a few hours, I need to panel beat the dents out of the bin after much testing in the past......

Best regards to all.....keep on cocking your mighty springers.......