Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remedy for a leaking loading tap/advice re lubricant of piston seals

andrewM

You have a PM

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    For future reference, lots of BBS wisdom on this issue saved here.

Edit: Andrew as for your pleas for a gunsmith who you could pay to do the work, there are various skilled 'smiths around the country, although none is likely to come forward publicly on this forum for fear of being seen to tout for business, which is forbidden (though I suppose they might PM you).

Jon's offer of help is generous but he's right when he suggests doing it yourself. The old BSAs are extremely simple to work on and you will enjoy it, as well as knowing exactly what's happened inside your rifle. Maybe the best thing would be to advertise for an enthusiast who lives near you. Where is Pulborough - I've never heard of it, sorry?
    It's about 16 miles from Protek, I have sent P.M. to the O.P.

I wish I was closer as it would be great to just rock up with a few springs and a couple of screwdrivers and have a play for an hour

ATB, ED

Taking action...

Many thanks Lakey, Ed, Garvin, Mick and Jon for your feedback.

I am going to visit Protek tomorrow as I have spoken to them and they sound competent. For good measure, I might also mention to them some of the points picked up in this most helpful correspondence. When I have the rifle back, I shall comment on what they have done.

Mick, I have taken a note of your suggested product and filed it; always useful to have this sort of thing on file.

Ed, if you are ever in the area, do look in; I keep plenty of refreshment on hand!

Garvin, I am pleased you have managed to add to the knowledge on the Vintage BSA Forum, which will be of assistance to many, as it has been to me.

This site and the collecting habit are becoming infectious, I fear.

Rgds

A