Thread: Bsa Supersport History and Info (parker hale, bsa lighting)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I just put some rhino greens thru it, they seem to work.

Its a 14.5 inch barrel version, that has a female screw thread for a silencer at the end. It also has a maxi grip rail with a Webley speed point on top.

No visible serial number.

Seems to be a nice little plinker :-)
    Thanks - Geoff.

Some one said the new .25 barrels were phased in around 2010 ish, no confirmed dates and BSA were unhelpful when I was building this database.
    So I couldn't add it.

Very helpful post. Thanks for doing it.

Two things:

- The link to the pyramydair blog takes me to a post about ballistic coefficients, not BSAs.

- You say there was a gas ram variant. Do you mean the current Lightning is offered with a gas ram? Because there were also the drop-in (nearly) AWT aftermarket rams, but not (IIRC) a factory gas ram offered for anything other than the latest Lightnings.

And, of course, old Supersports are really quite nice, whereas new Lighnings are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Very helpful post. Thanks for doing it.

Two things:

- The link to the pyramydair blog takes me to a post about ballistic coefficients, not BSAs.

- You say there was a gas ram variant. Do you mean the current Lightning is offered with a gas ram? Because there were also the drop-in (nearly) AWT aftermarket rams, but not (IIRC) a factory gas ram offered for anything other than the latest Lightnings.

And, of course, old Supersports are really quite nice, whereas new Lighnings are awful.
    D'oh. I'll have to check my links on my pc. Not sure how it's moved!

I was mainly referring to factory guns. Yes the latest lightings.
    I should have been more clear, thank you.