Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted BSA Scorpion Air-Pistol

Wanted BSA Scorpion Air-Pistol

Hello

Has anyone in the UK got one of these classic air pistols for sale?

It must be in very good condition cosmetically & working perfectly. Preferably if possible with the original cocking aid.

Payment (as I still inhabit the 20th century ) would be by cheque.

If you have anything suitable please PM me some pic's & a price including Royal Mail Special Delivery, & i'll let you know.

So you're aware, I'm a depressingly long way over the age of 18 & I have no convictions etc preventing me having an air gun

Many thanks

Dave

Good luck finding a nice one !!

I was after a Scorpion in .22 for ages and eventually one came up for sale in this section

My one is as good as the day its was sold, complete in the original box with the target holder and targets, cocking aid, tube of pellets and oil

Keep hanging on and looking out as I'm sure one will turn up......
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Cheers matey, I'm certainly hoping I get lucky, I really want to own one of these beasties

Cheers

Dave

Have one in excellent condition boxed and complete including cocking aid, foresight hood, oil bottle, full pellet tub and unmarked target holder. Have absolutely no idea what it is worth but I know I paid a fair bit for it a few years ago. Maybe someone on here could put a value on it. Would only consider selling if the price was right

Value may also depend on whether or not it is a Mk1 without 'scope grooves on the action or a Mk2 with 'scope grooves, and to some degree, the calibre.

However, considering yours is in the condition you've described, I'd suggest a figure of £200 - £225. Now some might think that is quite expensive, but for a collector who is after a gun in the best condition possible, I think the valuation is reasonable, but at the upper price range.

On the other hand, I've seen working Mk2 Scorpions sell for as little as £75, without the box or any accessories.

Another thing that will affect the value is whether or not the buffer washer on the piston has disintegrated like a piece of old cheese or not.
    Does yours cock and fire properly?

If the washer has fallen apart, one of the symptoms is that the pistol can become difficult to cock, if not quite impossible, as the pieces of broken washer jam the action. If that is the case, it will need stripping and servicing, and the buffer washer will obviously need replacing.

Hope that helps
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Thanks Paul, pistol is the Mk2 with the scope grooves, .22 calibre, cocks and shoots just fine. Auto safety working as it should
    I have been chasing just the target holder for a rifle I also own and the only one I have been offered is £23 posted so the valuation of between £200 to £225 for a boxed complete pistol including oil, pellet tub, foresight and unmarked target holder seems fair to me and very much along my line of thought

Hello

The search continues . Ken69's Scorpion pistol sounds great but I don't need a mint & boxed one.

If anyone has one in good condition (& working perfectly) that they want to sell, send me pics & a price including RMSD & i'll let you know

Cheers

Dave

Would have thought box condition will affect value slightly also?

Bsa

Think I saw one on gstar today!I had a venom tuned one back in the 80's YES they did do them. Mach 1.5....yep 3 on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Think I saw one on gstar today!I had a venom tuned one back in the 80's YES they did do them. Mach 1.5....yep 3 on there.
    Venom Scorpion??? That is the coolest idea I have heard in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Venom Scorpion??? That is the coolest idea I have heard in a while.
    Ice Cold

OK, so if this thread was a Disney movie, someone finds me a genuine Venom Scorpion, and I sell ETCHY my above-average standard .22" Mk2.

Bsa

I don't think you will find one. I only know of a handle being made. Venom silencer, Venom tuned, hw77 rear sight fitted and hw77 foresight ramp glued to silencer. Great fun. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    OK, so if this thread was a Disney movie, someone finds me a genuine Venom Scorpion, and I sell ETCHY my above-average standard .22" Mk2.
    That's a movie, I'd like to see made

I've seen the ones on Gstar but to be honest I think I'd be happier buying off the forum as (I'd like to think) there's less chance of me getting a "lemon"

Time for a bump I think

If you have one you think might be suitable give me a shout.

Cheers

Dave