Thread: HW50 Barrel

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

HW50 Barrel

I just acquired a fairly modern HW50 with the short barrel (Would that make it a 50s?). It's an accurate, punchy, well made little rifle, but I'm not too keen on short barreled break barrels. Do the barrels from any other HW models fit this rifle?
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    S is the Rekord trigger version.

If it's a modern one, the HW99 barrel should be the same ? Not sure how modern yours is...
    I do not beleive other HW BBs interchange, e.g. 95/98/80/90
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

HW55 non-latched barrel would be my best guess for an 80s era HW50 but I don't know for certain.

An early HW50S or 50 barrel would fit, these had the full length barrel.

Yours should say which model it is on the breach block.

Mine doesn't have the Rekord trigger fitted, it has the flip forward safety catch at the rear of the cylinder.
    The reason I think it's a fairly modern one is the very plain, hogs back style to the stock, and the rear sight has one of those plastic "shroud" type thingies that are meant to make it look more streamlined.
    Older 50s I've seen always look to have longer barrels and nicer (Monte-Carlo style) stocks.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    Mine doesn't have the Rekord trigger fitted, it has the flip forward safety catch at the rear of the cylinder.
    The reason I think it's a fairly modern one is the very plain, hogs back style to the stock, and the rear sight has one of those plastic "shroud" type thingies that are meant to make it look more streamlined.
    Older 50s I've seen always look to have longer barrels and nicer (Monte-Carlo style) stocks.
    The old 50 models had very plain stocks & no butt pad with fore end finger groove very much like the 35s.

Later models got the nicer stock in mid eighties.

Yours sounds like a HW50 MK11 with the Perfekt trigger. Check the serial number as the Perfekt trigger was also around on some 25mm models.

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    The old 50 models had very plain stocks & no butt pad with fore end finger groove very much like the 35s.

25mm models.
    I have an old (1982) HW30 that has the plain, finger groove stock like you describe. It shoots really nicely.
    When you say, "25mm models", what do you mean?
    Collecting these could become as adictive as Webleys, and lead to my financial ruin.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    I have an old (1982) HW30 that has the plain, finger groove stock like you describe. It shoots really nicely.
    When you say, "25mm models", what do you mean?
    Collecting these could become as adictive as Webleys, and lead to my financial ruin.
    The early HW50 Like the HW55 share the same internals which have a 25mm piston seal the later HW50/HW99 are 26mm.