Thread: FEINWERKBAU 300 wanted

FEINWERKBAU 300 wanted

I'm toying with the idea of taking up indoor target shooting as there is a club very near. It's something I've never done in 35 years of shooting.
    I have a TX200 that i could use but really fancy a FWB 300 as a dedicated target shooter.

If anyone does know of anything or is considering parting with one please give me a message.

I've seen a few advertised online and I've seem prices do seem to vary a lot.

They are a rifle I know nothing about other than in their day they were a great rifle.

Thanks
    B.A.S.C. member

Put me down on this as well. I completely agree with you robs5230. I am a huge fan of the FWB 300s. Such a great gun. I want to find one that hasn't sat and hasn't rusted. So many that I see have all kinds of pitting and surface rust. I want a really nice mint one, the true definition of mint, not the mint for it's age. Some think because it's old and somewhat rusty that it's still mint because it's age.

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    I'm toying with the idea of taking up indoor target shooting as there is a club very near. It's something I've never done in 35 years of shooting.
    I have a TX200 that i could use but really fancy a FWB 300 as a dedicated target shooter.

If anyone does know of anything or is considering parting with one please give me a message.

I've seen a few advertised online and I've seem prices do seem to vary a lot.

They are a rifle I know nothing about other than in their day they were a great rifle.

Thanks
    as requested i have a fwb 300s for sale if interested drop me a pm
    .177 STEYR HUNTING SCOUT SA FULL CARBON SHROUD BUSHNELL ELITE 4200

Fwb 300

Seems like there are a few of us after this - but I need a left hander.
    Indoor target is great - I struggle with 10m pistol - addictive and frustrating - like most target shooting. I have FWB 90 pistol. Similar design but with early electronic trigger. Wonderful item.
    Anyone see a good 300s leftie please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by bnlakeside View Post
    Seems like there are a few of us after this - but I need a left hander.
    Indoor target is great - I struggle with 10m pistol - addictive and frustrating - like most target shooting. I have FWB 90 pistol. Similar design but with early electronic trigger. Wonderful item.
    Anyone see a good 300s leftie please let me know.
    Hi there,

Just joined the forum. Couldn't help noticing your post. I have a Feinwerkbau 300s L handed currently for sale on another forum. It has a slightly smaller stock without barrel weight marketed by FWB for what they called junior shooters. I'm an adult male and didn't see the difference until recently. PM me if you want any further info. Regards, David

Duplicate post
    Last edited by Mark D; 27-02-2017 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Already posted

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Bnlakeside

Unless you are a (very) large gentleman the Junior 300S is probably one of the best 300S's made. They are called a junior but its ideal for the majority of adults. They have a slightly shorter barrel and no barrel sleeve and a slightly shorter stock, BUT, it is still a much better rifle for most (except those who are very large). They are better balanced and lighter than the standard one, which gives the option to add weight, but to put it in a better place, and they are equaly accurate. Added to the fact that the junior is quite rare, which will make it an investment, and this one has a rarer dropped stock, and a lefty makes it very rare.
    Shame about the sights, but thats easy to resolve.

PS. A few years ago I actualy converted a standard 300s into a Junior by shortening the stock, removeing the barrel sleeve, shortening the barrel and refitting the fore sight, this was for shooters who could not get on with muzzle heaviness of a standard 300, it shot a dream!

I have no connection with the seller but if you want a lefty 300S, you'd be pushed to fnd a better choice.

Good shooting and have fun.
    Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 01-03-2017 at 10:21 AM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Thank you for the endorsment. It's currently in the sales section with pics as we speak.

That is a nice Junior. I am looking for a right handed universal that is complete it good shape, non rusted form. 300s's are my favorite guns. They are artwork to me.
    If you are already aiming for the exact center of everything, then the target’s size shouldn’t matter — the center of a beach ball is just as big as the center of an aspirin tablet. -Byron Ferguson

FWB 300s Found

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Hi,
    I have a 300s in original condition right handed and un molested that my wife keeps telling me we don't use. I would let it go if anyone is still interested?

Thanks David

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Bnlakeside

Unless you are a (very) large gentleman the Junior 300S is probably one of the best 300S's made. They are called a junior but its ideal for the majority of adults. They have a slightly shorter barrel and no barrel sleeve and a slightly shorter stock, BUT, it is still a much better rifle for most (except those who are very large). They are better balanced and lighter than the standard one, which gives the option to add weight, but to put it in a better place, and they are equaly accurate. Added to the fact that the junior is quite rare, which will make it an investment, and this one has a rarer dropped stock, and a lefty makes it very rare.
    Shame about the sights, but thats easy to resolve.

PS. A few years ago I actualy converted a standard 300s into a Junior by shortening the stock, removeing the barrel sleeve, shortening the barrel and refitting the fore sight, this was for shooters who could not get on with muzzle heaviness of a standard 300, it shot a dream!

I have no connection with the seller but if you want a lefty 300S, you'd be pushed to fnd a better choice.

Good shooting and have fun.
    Robin

Just to endorse what Robin has mentioned above.

I have owned and recently sold several mint or close to mint 300S and 300SU rifles BUT I decided to keep my 300S "Junior" as it is a superb rifle that I actually enjoy shooting more than any of the other variants - and as they are comparatively rare (and purely as a mater of interest) it is probably the best long term investment too!

Being a mere squirt, I am just under 6 ft tall and weigh a little over 13 stone ( I am not fat - it is all muscle ) but for me the Junior is the pick of the FWB 300S variants and I have noticed that its appeal is not limited to people as small as (or smaller) than myself.

Basically if anybody is looking for a 300 of any type and a 300 Junior should crop-up somewhere I strongly suggest you take a look at it and not dismiss it just because of the "Junior" name .
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Feinwerkbau 300s for 25 yard outdoor benchrest

Hello,

I too am interested in finding a good condition 300s for bench rest competition. It is interesting reading everyones opinions regarding the gun.
    I would appreciate advice as to whether it could work for 25 yard bench rest.

Best Regards

I have a beautiful 1985/86 300SU which I love dearly, but would let go for £3000 no offers, PM me if interested

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    I have a beautiful 1985/86 300SU which I love dearly, but would let go for £30.00 no offers, PM me if interested

John
    Just corrected that typo for you

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    Hello,

I too am interested in finding a good condition 300s for bench rest competition. It is interesting reading everyones opinions regarding the gun.
    I would appreciate advice as to whether it could work for 25 yard bench rest.

Best Regards
    Please see my previous post(s) on my FWB 300s currently for sale.
    Cheers, David