Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
Bnlakeside

Unless you are a (very) large gentleman the Junior 300S is probably one of the best 300S's made. They are called a junior but its ideal for the majority of adults. They have a slightly shorter barrel and no barrel sleeve and a slightly shorter stock, BUT, it is still a much better rifle for most (except those who are very large). They are better balanced and lighter than the standard one, which gives the option to add weight, but to put it in a better place, and they are equaly accurate. Added to the fact that the junior is quite rare, which will make it an investment, and this one has a rarer dropped stock, and a lefty makes it very rare.
Shame about the sights, but thats easy to resolve.

PS. A few years ago I actualy converted a standard 300s into a Junior by shortening the stock, removeing the barrel sleeve, shortening the barrel and refitting the fore sight, this was for shooters who could not get on with muzzle heaviness of a standard 300, it shot a dream!

I have no connection with the seller but if you want a lefty 300S, you'd be pushed to fnd a better choice.

Good shooting and have fun.
Robin

Just to endorse what Robin has mentioned above.

I have owned and recently sold several mint or close to mint 300S and 300SU rifles BUT I decided to keep my 300S "Junior" as it is a superb rifle that I actually enjoy shooting more than any of the other variants - and as they are comparatively rare (and purely as a mater of interest) it is probably the best long term investment too!

Being a mere squirt, I am just under 6 ft tall and weigh a little over 13 stone ( I am not fat - it is all muscle ) but for me the Junior is the pick of the FWB 300S variants and I have noticed that its appeal is not limited to people as small as (or smaller) than myself.

Basically if anybody is looking for a 300 of any type and a 300 Junior should crop-up somewhere I strongly suggest you take a look at it and not dismiss it just because of the "Junior" name .