Thread: April Fools Day Boinger Bash 2017 --- Event and Payment Details

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    It's no problem, Nick.

I bought a new Pollytunnel roof and had it delivered two weeks ago.
    For a split second then, Mick, I thought you were meaning that the entire polytunnel had gone for a flirt with Doris!!

But, if it was the old roof that you were going to replace anyway, not quite so bad, and I thought you'd be waiting until closer to Bash Time anyways.

Let's just hope we don't get an 'E' storm anytime soon!

How does the storm naming thing go? Alternate between male and female?

What next? Eunuch?

The 'F' one could be interesting.......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Possible new recruit........

To airgunning.

A couple of weeks ago I sold this really nice chap a bike and, as ever, I always manage to sneak airguns into the conversation. It turned out that he used to shoot full bore pistols and was a victim of the handgun ban, and that he really missed them.

Spoke about airguns and about how many ex-pistoleros were now shooting air pistols.

Anyway, he collected his bike today and said that he had got quite intrigued about our little chat and has been looking on the 'net. He wants a pistol and prefers a self-contained one. And likes the looks of the Tempest and HW45. I told him a little more about these and he's going to try and get a little closer to them and see which one he fancies.

I think the bug's going to bite. And I'll keep in touch with him, to encourage and advise.....next step, hopefully, try and enthuse on a visit to The Hollow.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    To airgunning.

A couple of weeks ago I sold this really nice chap a bike and, as ever, I always manage to sneak airguns into the conversation. It turned out that he used to shoot full bore pistols and was a victim of the handgun ban, and that he really missed them.

Spoke about airguns and about how many ex-pistoleros were now shooting air pistols.

Anyway, he collected his bike today and said that he had got quite intrigued about our little chat and has been looking on the 'net. He wants a pistol and prefers a self-contained one. And likes the looks of the Tempest and HW45. I told him a little more about these and he's going to try and get a little closer to them and see which one he fancies.

I think the bug's going to bite. And I'll keep in touch with him, to encourage and advise.....next step, hopefully, try and enthuse on a visit to The Hollow.
    Get toghether Tone, you can become the "Airy(gun) Bikers" !
    “An airgun or two”………

Let's just hope we don't get an 'E' storm anytime soon!

How does the storm naming thing go? Alternate between male and female?

What next? Eunuch?

The 'F' one could be interesting.......
    Well, (and sorry to quote one of my own posts) but I was watching the CountryFile forecast earlier and today's winds were deemed strong enough to have a name. So, apparently, today's was "Ewan"!

So the nest will be a girlie name beginning with an 'F'.

Could think of a few candidates......

Lightbulb Hey Pauly and Unframed Dave........

Remember how you two had that mad frenzy of posting activity on the Bonfire Bash thread to take it over the 1000 mark? And that this activity took place well after our last meet?

Well, look at the post count now. Wth five weeks to go. The 1000 marker will be blown away well before The Spring Bash!!

BOING!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Remember how you two had that mad frenzy of posting activity on the Bonfire Bash thread to take it over the 1000 mark? And that this activity took place well after our last meet?

Well, look at the post count now. Wth five weeks to go. The 1000 marker will be blown away well before The Spring Bash!!

BOING!
    It actually made 1529 posts in the end Tone, it was Page 100 me and The Frame were going after, which we made. I can see this one reaching that easily too
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    My HW50 still has not arrived from Sportwaffen Schneider. I am going to have to brush up on my German and give them a call, unfortunately all I can really remember is how to ask for bread with a meal.......

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    My HW50 still has not arrived from Sportwaffen Schneider. I am going to have to brush up on my German and give them a call, unfortunately all I can really remember is how to ask for bread with a meal.......
    Mmm, I ordered a new barrel for my HW90 from them about 6 weeks ago, I got an email from them a few days later saying they have to get it from the manufacturer which should only take 2 to 4 days, haven't heard anything since I emailed them a couple of weeks ago but still no answer
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    To be fair, they were showing low stock when I ordered but after a week I would expect some sort of communication as to when I am likely to get the gun. Also, they clearly state that they will not respond to emails regarding delivery time scales. It's just sods law that I need the gun in a hurry for work.

I may just have to visit Slinger and borrow his HW99...... I am sure if I went round with a bottle of red and some JAZZZZZZZZZ.....

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    It actually made 1529 posts in the end Tone, it was Page 100 me and The Frame were going after, which we made. I can see this one reaching that easily too
    Oops, sorry, me wrong, should have checked!

Well, we MIGHT hit those dizzy numbers Pauly, we'll see.

But (and great news for us), don't forget that we only have two months' gap between this and the June Bash, so Uncle Mick will have to start the thread for the mid-Summer Boing not long after the Spring Bash has ended.