Thread: Hw80 mk1 value

Hw80 mk1 value

I need to thin my springer collection down more and one I'm not using is the above. Apart from a few marks on the barrel it's a cracker, had little use, and all complete. friend I bought it from was original owner and came with half tin of pellets left from new! All I've done is shorten original Spring and fitted Tbt guide and relube. I gave £240 and want my money back. Am I dreaming? It's in .22

Should reach that, might get £20 more if the stock has some colour. A mint one might make £300, a well used one £160. Tuning doesn't add or take away.
    Put it up with honest pictures that show exactly what is being sold.

I felt I'd give plenty for it, but the fact it was untouched (which is rare )made it very desireable to me. nicest one I've ever seen. Going to give it serious thought.

Pretty much agree with Muskett above.
    I bought a nicely refurbed Mk1 last year for £200. My other 2 were less money, but a little while back and also in lesser (but still good) condition.

To be honest I suspect anyone not in the know would probably think 240 was on the high side, but on the other hand, I would actively seek out a good Mk1 rather than buy a recent one.

You just need the right buyer.

Then in 12 months time you will regret getting rid of it...

I have had several hw80's and always regretted getting rid if them. The older ones are better than the latest ones which seem to lack the attention to detail engineering wise. They are the best break barrel still without question. But better in Fac. I think 240 is a tad high to be honest. Around the 200-220 mark is more where i am thinking but a collector might pay up to 280 if its a very good condition example. People pay more if its the one they want as do it myself. Id try around your price and see what happens m8 myself. Regards. Chris
    Last edited by WILBA; 07-04-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz72 View Post
    Pretty much agree with Muskett above.
    I bought a nicely refurbed Mk1 last year for £200. My other 2 were less money, but a little while back and also in lesser (but still good) condition.

To be honest I suspect anyone not in the know would probably think 240 was on the high side, but on the other hand, I would actively seek out a good Mk1 rather than buy a recent one.

You just need the right buyer.

Then in 12 months time you will regret getting rid of it...
    Agree with your last psrt. I sold several and regret selling them all after the deal is done.

Thanks for your replies, going to do some soul searching with my collection. I agree that the older unmolested hw's are much better than later ones and are becoming harder to find. May sell some pistols instead!

I sold a mint and I mean mint mk1 80 from 1981 last year for £280. It was completely standard, you wouldn't find another in that condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    I sold a mint and I mean mint mk1 80 from 1981 last year for £280. It was completely standard, you wouldn't find another in that condition.
    And I was Trumpetier's delighted customer at the November 'Boinger Bash'......what a super rifle it is. Simply stripped it, cleaned, replaced breech shims, moly'd, it remains entirely 'in the spirit of the original'. Lovely and accurate to shoot, albeit a bit twangy still, I shot 500 x JSB 16gr at the 'Boinger Bash' just gone. I hadn't handled an 80 since 1984 when I traded in mine for a new 77. I think the Mk1 80 a splendid design with a superior stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    And I sold one not quite (but very nearly) as good as Dave's (now Ted's), for £250 a few months earlier.

I think both of those VGC MK1s were well worth the price.

After all, they are not only highly regarded for their early build quality, but also scarce - MK1 '80s (and MK1 '77s) were produced for less than two years.