Page 106 of 120 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1787

Thread: April Fools Day Boinger Bash 2017 --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Yeah, do Elaine, you'll enjoy it and be able to put a few more faces to names. There will be plenty of guns for you to borrow if you're not carrying your own
    There's a bar at Kickback and I'm not the designated driver, so I'll probably (will) be well under the influence by the time we leave Stoneleigh at 6pm!
    With a bit of luck Paddy_SP will be with me as well.
    You only have one body to live in, look after it.

Anybody going to bash passing near chichester west sussex?

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
    There's a bar at Kickback and I'm not the designated driver, so I'll probably (will) be well under the influence by the time we leave Stoneleigh at 6pm!
    You will probably be in similar company then Elaine we do like a drink in the evening if we've managed to get up from the night before. It would be good to meet Paddy too. Which day/night are you looking at arriving ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Glad you can make it mate
    Cheers Dave, always nice to see you mate........your smashing old 80 is coming back up!

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    Hi Mick, a tenner on route to you electronically for attendance Saturday only, cheers. Looking forward to seeing you and everybody else again. Best Regards, Ted.
    Tenner recieved, Ted --- looking forward to seeing you again.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Tone,
    I've done some pistol and rifle coaching over the years, and also been coached when I used to shoot 10m air rifle in the Kent team some years ago. I'm sure there's still something useful that I can still remember and pass on if it helps

I'm bringing my HW40 and HW75 along, as NewPaul wanted to have a look, and maybe a should bring my S&W 586 6" for your daughter to have a shoot with as well?
    Make a change to a rifle, and easy to handle for a young'un too
    I've got a pile of Co2 and pellets here, so she's welcome to have a blatt
    Thanks, Paul.

Yep, if it's okay with you, that'd be brilliant!

As PaulyBoy said, I think them sprogs are more likely to take heed of strangers than parents.

I have some pistols, but thought it better to get used to the basics with an open sighted springer at home, and maybe let her have a go with the pistols later. But I reckon she'd absolutely love to have a go with the S&W, thank you.

I didn't get quite enough time this afternoon to get the Predator and Vantage zeroed in fully. The Predator is a .22 and is very much nearly there at 8 yards. And the Vantage (.177) a few mil low at 11 yards, so they shouldn't be far out. Another 10 or 15 minutes with each would have been helpful. I'll see if I can sneak a quick play in tomorrow night.

But my daughter DID have her first session this evening. Using the CZ Slavia 634 on opens. Went through basic safety again and the artillery hold, breathing, trigger technique, follow through etc.

It was dead funny early on, as she was trying to hold the butt above her shoulder!

But, bit by bit, we got there. Sitting first and then some standers. Only about six yards down the hallway. Shooting at circles which were about 45mm diameter and most were in the black....it's a start. She didn't half jump at the first couple of shots! But gradually settled and she actually preferred the standing shots.

She's asked if she can maybe have another little go on Friday evening....we'll see how time goes.

I'd love to be able to let her have some "fun plinking", like cans with a pistol etc., but our small garden really wouldn't be the right place for that.

The short range spinners at The Hollow will be her main quarry, methinks.

Unless...hey, Mick, if we save some empty cans and things, could she have a blat at those if we go to the far right hand side of the range, do you think?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I have the prospect with me, and apart from mucking around with his mates guns as a kid he has not shot. Obviously it would be pointless me showing him anything, so if anyone wants a gangly yoof, I have one spare.
    It'll be nice to see how these newbies' skills blossom over the weekend, Nick.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
    It'd be great if you could finally make a visit to The Hollow, Elaine.

And Paddy as well? Awesome!

DO IT!

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    It'll be nice to see how these newbies' skills blossom over the weekend, Nick.
    Them young'uns do learn quickly and will quite possibly be doing great BOINGERISMS by the close of play

I'm getting all the gear together over the next 2 days, so all will be left to do is fill up with diesel on Friday afternoon and pack everything in the car on Saturday morning

A weather report from the reconnaissance party would be useful though
    Do we need wellies and waterproofs, or mankinis and Speedos®

BOING for early attendees
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Went shopping last night and forgot the mints! Putting it right tomorrow. The hard target is all sorted though

Pete
    Pete

Blackrider is online now It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

Calling New Paul.

Paul, have they got a lofty pigeon this time for you ?

Last time I got there on the Saturday morning, someone had shot it full of holes before you arrived !
    “An airgun or two”………

Blackrider is online now It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

Solware Run !

So how many of the "Quigley Bretheren" are hell bound for the Solware Excursion on Saturday ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Vans loaded, rifles chosen, could have set off tonight but decided one more shower, comfy bed, and one less hangover!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Paul, have they got a lofty pigeon this time for you ?

Last time I got there on the Saturday morning, someone had shot it full of holes before you arrived !
    I don't think so John but you never know, she's not mentioned on page one as she normally is and as you say, the dirty rotten blighters had her pummelled with holes by the time I got there
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    So how many of the "Quigley Bretheren" are hell bound for the Solware Excursion on Saturday ?
    Quite a few I reckon John. I started it by wanting to have a look at the new HW44 but they haven't got any in yet I'm still happy to go though. My lad Aaron and his mate Jay are coming and they are both driving up straight from work in their 16 seater mini buses so...... Could be a plan