Page 12 of 120 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: April Fools Day Boinger Bash 2017 --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Ha ! As per Daves usual M.O, he sold it to me five minutes after he bought it from you Tony
    Mmmm.....I knew that was coming, Pauly!

How much did you give him for it?

£35?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Aha, always nice when an unexpected opportunity presents

Feeling nice and chilled and now I know that shooting down the hallway will be an even more enjoyable event.

Are many of you nice Boingerfolk shooting at the weekend?
    Glad to hear you got a plink in matey and made even better with a bit of flood-lighting I had the day off today and spent it at my range. Did a fair bit of pellet testing and am now convinced that H&N FTT's are better than Superdomes in my TX and HW 77 without any doubt. Gonna check the HW 95 tomorrow with Domes, H&N and a few others, it currently likes Domes but I may well be surprised again ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Mmmm.....I knew that was coming, Pauly!

How much did you give him for it?

£35?
    Spot on Tone it's yours for mates rates at £250 if your interested
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Spot on Tone it's yours for mates rates at £250 if your interested
    Unfortunately, as it's a leftie, Pauly, I'll have to decline.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Glad to hear you got a plink in matey and made even better with a bit of flood-lighting I had the day off today and spent it at my range. Did a fair bit of pellet testing and am now convinced that H&N FTT's are better than Superdomes in my TX and HW 77 without any doubt. Gonna check the HW 95 tomorrow with Domes, H&N and a few others, it currently likes Domes but I may well be surprised again ?
    Yep, as you're well aware, Pauly, they all vary.

I've got a tin of .22 FTT which I've had for a while, but not tested yet.

My .177 HWs certainly love 'em, that's for sure.

Did you get any of those Falcon Accuracy Plus / JSB Jumbo RS to try yet?

P.S. Lovely way to spend an extra day off, Pauly. Glad you enjoyed.

Yep, as you're well aware, Pauly, they all vary.

I've got a tin of .22 FTT which I've had for a while, but not tested yet.

My .177 HWs certainly love 'em, that's for sure.

Did you get any of those Falcon Accuracy Plus / JSB Jumbo RS to try yet?

P.S. Lovely way to spend an extra day off, Pauly. Glad you enjoyed.
    Up until I found my lovely range, I only had 15yds in my garden and at that range the Domes were one holing near enough so I naively thought... that's it but, of course, at varying ranges it changes. I'm testing at 35 yds now and it really shows the differences. I've got to order some more pellets so I will add a tin of each of the FAP's and the JSB's. I'm told the Weirauch ones (H&N ??) are worth a try too ?

Try air arm in the tx mine loved them

Quote Originally Posted by Alanok2002 View Post
    Damn, literally just ordered tins of the FAP's and JSB's Alan - doh ! I will get a tin from my RFD in the week to save a delivery charge on one tin. Cheers for that matey

Up until I found my lovely range, I only had 15yds in my garden and at that range the Domes were one holing near enough so I naively thought... that's it but, of course, at varying ranges it changes. I'm testing at 35 yds now and it really shows the differences. I've got to order some more pellets so I will add a tin of each of the FAP's and the JSB's. I'm told the Weirauch ones (H&N ??) are worth a try too ?
    I think I'm correct in saying that the FAPs and the JumboRS are one and the same, Pauly.

There are two types of Weihrauch pellets matey. One made by H&N, the other (The Weihrauch Exact) by JSB. Some say that the HW branded H&N ones are even better than the FTT. Having never tried 'em, I'm not sure if they're the same, slightly different or different dies.

Same goes for the HW Exacts.

The reason I'm suggesting you try the FAP / RS is that they're lighter, so flatter trajectory and Jim's findings on lower start pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanok2002 View Post
    I have a tin of these which I'm yet to try (talking .22 here).

When I bought them, it was for their reportedly better velocity retention compared to 'Domes. They're heavier, so start slower. But then, as a Boinger only bloke I'm not sure if I really want to try them - thinking more about the firing cycle here. If those lighter FAPs / RS go well in my .22s, they'll become my "go-to".

. I had the day off today and spent it at my range. Gonna check the HW 95 tomorrow with Domes, H&N and a few others......
    Back to back days at the range, Pauly.

Enjoy my friend.

And the sleepometer says 70!

There's a picture of the bash in this month's airgun shooter, anyone know when it was taken? I'm thinking possibly last Easter, is see Dave's son is there and he's not been for a while.
    Plenty of foliage on the hedgerow.

Cool!

I'll have to get it and have a look.

Is there a corresponding article, Jamie?

That Mr Everitt (not sure if I've spelled that correctly??) came once and wrote an article for the mag. I think it was the June 2015 Bash. Just wondering if the photo / any write-up is from then?

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    There's a picture of the bash in this month's airgun shooter, anyone know when it was taken? I'm thinking possibly last Easter, is see Dave's son is there and he's not been for a while.
    Plenty of foliage on the hedgerow.
    The good old days, notice no mention of the good looking fella sat next to him?

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Somebody called Stuart Wilson? No mention of the bash, but it's a huge photo, there are obviously other generic library photos, it's about introducing new people to the sport.