Page 16 of 120 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: April Fools Day Boinger Bash 2017 --- Event and Payment Details

A question for the mods should i start a thread in sales called boinger bash sales/swaps/wanted or woud it be better to do individual ones ?
    I have already lined up a hw35 to collect at the bash and have things to go into of the other topics .
    Cheers paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Looking at those pics I'm of the opinion that they're are obviously "Two Halves" to a Spring Bash !

The daytime "shooting bit", great BUT then there's the "night time festivities" an area of which to date I have not taken part in......Yet !

I will seek to remedy that situation maybe not in April but in the Summer !
    Me too, John.

And definitely on the cards for the future.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by dayglowfroggy View Post
    A question for the mods should i start a thread in sales called boinger bash sales/swaps/wanted or woud it be better to do individual ones ?
    I have already lined up a hw35 to collect at the bash and have things to go into of the other topics .
    Cheers paul
    I think someone usually starts a single thread up, Paul, and the other peeps add to the thread with their own stuff, so we don't clutter the Sales section up.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by dayglowfroggy View Post
    Cheers paul
    Hi Paul

There is a fourteen day sales section ruling which means sales ads should only run for fourteen days before being allowed to dissapear off the front page.
    This rule is not strictly enforced by the moderation team at present and adverts that run for a full month aren't seen to be causing any problems to the flow of the sales section.

So with this in mind I reckon we'd be best if we only start a Boinger Bash sales thread four or five weeks before April so as not to upset other vendors.

All the best Mick

Ok cool, glad i asked .
    I am not in a rush to sell just think it will be less hasle with post and give other bash attendees first dibs on the goodies but will wait till nearer the time .

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Me too, John.

And definitely on the cards for the future.
    In the past I've done local Pubs/Inns etc. and Ethel's Gaff but to really savour the full flavour of the occasion I'm convinced you have to stay over and experiance the "Apres Spring" experiance !!
    Last edited by Blackrider; 23-01-2017 at 08:35 PM.
    “An airgun or two”………

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Bugger, I now need to buy a Big tent !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Its the little differences isn't it?

"Guid" sounds like its pronounced like "good" in English, but it must be a very different definition!
    It's actually the other way round, Nick.....it does mean good, but is pronounced "gid".

I suppose it's all down to the vowel sounds in various regional accents, where the words are basically the same but sound slightly different and have different spellings in print.

There again, there's words and phrases which are peculiar only to certain parts of the country but do have their approximate equivalents elsewhere but sound totally different.

I can recount a funny instance of this, some years ago when I was a youth worker in Community Education and I attended a 2 day conference on Sex Education and Young People which took place in Glasgow, involving teachers, youth workers, social workers, and representatives of family groups, church groups etc. from various parts of Scotland.

In order to make folk feel at ease with using vernacular terms in discussions rather than the awkward 'medical' terms used with regards to sexual matters, the Course Director started the conference, after the initial introductions, with an 'ice-breaker' session.
    So he went up to the large blackboard (well, it was black after all, and that's what they called it back then!) and he wrote four words relating to sex side by side on the board.

PENIS ....VAGINA..... MASTURBATION..... MENSTRUATION

Once he finished writing this on the board he turned round to address his audience (about 60 delegates) and said... "Right.. there you have the official technical terms for these four features relating to matters of a sexual nature...what I want now is for you to shout out the colloquial, vernacular expressions pertaining to these four terms which are commonplace to the area you're from and typically used by teenagers".

Well, there was a sharp intake of breath from a fair number of folk there and a bit of a pregnant pause (if you pardon the pun) before someone struck up the courage to suggest a slang version of one of the four.
    A few more followed after that.. all pretty tame expressions, like "Willy", "Pussy", "Chugging", "Time of the Month" etc and several other fairly euphemistic expressions ....
    ......and then some of the more obscure and vulgar ones were mentioned, some peculiar to particular local areas of Scotland that the others hadn't heard before. What added to the hilarity was the attempts of the Course Director to spell the word correctly as it was shouted out and add it to list below the original word!..
    By this time we were 'rolling in the aisles' as the saying goes, and then it went into free fall as it became like a competition to come out with the most outrageous disgusting expressions imaginable!

After about half an hour or so of some of the mankiest slang words invented, I think we ended up with 4 columns of about 20 words each representing the 4 originals and the session easily achieved its intention of breaking the ice.
    The tea-break that followed was just as hilarious as folk were trying to learn the pronunciations of some these new expressions and the rest of the conference was conducted in a manner where folk weren't inhibited to contribute to discussions in groups or make statements to the entire audience without incurring embarrassment.. needless to say this was back in the time when "PC" meant a Police Constable or a Post Card!... Happy Days! ;>)
    Last edited by VALE BOY; 23-01-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Sounds like a typical night round the fire at the bash.

Nice one big G.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Sounds like a typical night round the fire at the bash.

Nice one big G.

Dave
    Aye, tis a great place to hear your first cockwomble of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    In the past I've done local Pubs/Inns etc. and Ethel's Gaff but to really savour the full flavour of the occasion I'm convinced you have to stay over and experiance the "Apres Spring" experiance !!
    Methinks you is very correct, sir.

Graeme, yer another fantastic and highly amusing post......keep 'em coming!

You do know how to tell 'em, matey.

And I see Aitch2o, Paul, is on the list.

Excellent, sir, and looking forward, as ever, to seeing you again.

67 little sleeps to go, peeps!

BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Wow - snow. Would have been warmer in Middlebrough!! I was just surprised when you referred to Jimbo as "the little one" he must be nigh on 7ft now the way he's growing . Aaron will be in Sunderland Weds to Sat, maybe a meet up in store ?
    Deffo mate get Aaron to give me a ring if he has time and we can meet up. Would be great to see him again.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Hay Chris, that's a weird break! Unless you were in the Basque country.
    A break is a break though, did you stay up to see the sunrise?
    I think you and me (and possibly mel) probably better do another all nighter June bash? It was a craic.
    Another all nighter will have to be done mate, it was actually a lovely holiday despite the weather looking forward immensely to seeing you guys again, and all the other boingerers

Are we nearly there yet?

Chris