Page 18 of 120 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: April Fools Day Boinger Bash 2017 --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    I've highlighted the relevant bit.

Dave
    Love it!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Maybe he just fancies a weekend n Chipenham ?
    Knowing the Adonis Dave, he'll have some stunning, leggy conquest lined up!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I long for the day we see you in the glow of The Quigley Fire in the early hours, it is truly something you'll never forget (unless you hit The Cleary Juice)
    It will happen one day, Pauly; I promise.

It's a bit double-edged though, matey, as one of the main reasons I have to go home is to see, feed and cuddle the Brembster.

And I just know that that sense of Brother (and sister) hood and camaraderie will be so much more heightened in the warm glow of the campfire, enjoying liquid refreshment amongst the very finest people in the World.

Not sure if I'll enjoy the hangover in the morning, mind, I haven't been p--sed for about sixteen years now!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    It will happen one day, Pauly; I promise.

It's a bit double-edged though, matey, as one of the main reasons I have to go home is to see, feed and cuddle the Brembster.

And I just know that that sense of Brother (and sister) hood and camaraderie will be so much more heightened in the warm glow of the campfire, enjoying liquid refreshment amongst the very finest people in the World.

Not sure if I'll enjoy the hangover in the morning, mind, I haven't been p--sed for about sixteen years now!
    On the one hand Tony, I hope it's years away as that means Brem is still with you on the other hand, I look forward to the day (night) you can join us around the night fire. It's a whole different and special experience. Man...... You started this thing !!! You deserve to experience one of the outcomes
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Pissed? Pah! Most attendees go from 0-wankered in two pints!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How

You don't HAVE to drink Tone. However, if you don't, you won't have a clue what us drunks are on about or laughing about. I so get what you say about the sixteen years, we have a lot in common mate - I haven't been sober for sixteen years
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

On the one hand Tony, I hope it's years away as that means Brem is still with you on the other hand, I look forward to the day (night) you can join us around the night fire. It's a whole different and special experience. Man...... You started this thing !!! You deserve to experience one of the outcomes
    Exact-y-mondo with the dilemma thing, Pauly.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Pissed? Pah! Most attendees go from 0-wankered in two pints!
    S'pose it's depends what they're drinking, Little Nick.

You don't HAVE to drink Tone. However, if you don't, you won't have a clue what us drunks are on about or laughing about. I so get what you say about the sixteen years, we have a lot in common mate - I haven't been sober for sixteen years
    Haha! Nice one little Pauly Boy!

As you say, one will have to get fully into the whole night shift zone!

66 sleeps to go, folks......and edging ever closer and nearlier nearly there!

BOING!!

Cool TX in bits!

WAHAY!

Day off today and unpaid day off tomorrow (the last of this Winter period), so I managed to grab a few minutes earlier to strip the TX.

As all you TX peeps know, total time involved including circlip out and comp tube removed is miniscule.

And (and maybe no surprise to all you TX peeps), internal finish is very, very good. Cocking slot very smooth. I honestly looked at all the bits and I'm thinking that even the Solvol isn't going to come out to polish the como tube. Just the main body to degrease in the morning and re-assemble with some of Little Nick's Delrin Delights and Bum Slippery-Slide and she'll be done. We have to be at The Children's Hospital in Sheffield early afternoon, so if I get my skates on it'll be great to have her all done and chrono'd before we set off.

Then on the way to Sheffield, nip in to NM to pick some Hobbies and 'Domes up. Might even get a tin of Superfields in .177, as I've never used them before......Finally spending the Xmas prezzie money!

If things were to go MEGA well (doubtful) I might even get the time to nail on that little Nikko Gold Crown Air King 2-7 that I bought late Summer and get a rough zero.....If not, it's my Sunday off this week!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    That makes two of us Tony!

I think I've finally found the ideal spring for my short stroked mk3, plenty of power, not too stiff, good length and preload etc. I have been testing all afternoon and I'm starting to like it again. I think it was the daft big scope on top that was causing the bulky, awkward feeling it had.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Excellent news on the spring, Little Nick.

And, Yep, I've never liked big scopes. Maybe 'cos my background and early shooting days were all hunting. Can see the point for FT etc., but they aren't for me.

Managed to have a little bit more of a play - just finished now. Luckily, 'er indoors is overseeing a lap top back-up for one of the kids. So I had a look at the comp tube.....Mmmm....there's a shiny bit at the top rear. Obviously where it's taking a bit of load. So I went in the garage and got the Autosol out and polished the beejesus out of it. It's now shinier than a shiny thing and oh so SMOOTH! Then buffed some dry moly powder inside and out.

As she was still distracted, I went and grabbed the main cylinder body and degreased that, too. Offered your little bits of Delrinium up to the end block and looked at top hat size. I'm going to use the thinner washer ahead of the top hat, as using the thicker one was leaving the guide just proud of the piston. This will give a little less preload than before, but it was running at 11.4 (only tested with one pellet, AA Field), so if power reduces slightly that'll be good and hopefully safely below with all varieties. I'm expecting slightly quicker piston acceleration and slightly less recoil with the lighter top hat. And the polishing and freshly applied lubes should all make it lovely.

So, all we need to do in the morning is lube and build, so fingers crossed nothing gets in the way!

BOING!!

P.S.....Still very impressed with the ultra smooth cocking slot and other cutaways!

Think I might become a TX bore!

65 to go peeps.

BOING!!

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Tony, nearly called in at your place for a brief chat yesterday on my to Pick up the car after its MOT !
    But just as I was walking down t'Wicker, I remembered it was Wednesday and your day off !
    Mission terminated !
    “An airgun or two”………

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    OK, I know this might be thought of as "lunacy" but I'd like to think it as "Forward Planning" !

When is the next Spring (Summer 2017) Bash likely to be as pre-booked holidays may intervene ?

Suppose I should be remembering when last years was in June time maybe ?

Ta VM !
    “An airgun or two”………