Page 25 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: April Fools Day Boinger Bash 2017 --- Event and Payment Details

61 sleepies to go, peeps.

Edging ever nearlier, nearly there!

BOING!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I do not own a Freakin' Wobbly BSA, Pauly!
    What's up with BSA? They made some cracking motorbikes...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Oh, and if anyone has any basket cases going let me know. He's not getting some über-fettled lovely as his first gun, he's gonna get something manky and learn how to make it good.
    I know where I can get my hands on an extremely cheap crosman optimus prime

Chris

Cool Another Extra Bonus Plinky Sesh!!!!!

YAY!!

Well, yesterday NEARLY went fully to plan.

I'd told 'er indoors that I was going to scope the TX up and get it zeroed in (as much as the hallway allowed).

So, late morning she was going to drop the 15 year old off at her part time job and go shopping.

Quick shower and then downstairs. Made some targets up. Got the scope mounted and lined up. Quick couple of shots at three yards just to make sure it wasn't going to be miles out and then got the target box up at the end of the hallway. After just six clicks to the right and about 16 up and she's there-ish, about an inch low at 11 yards. Few more little tweaks and I'll be done and then she got back from shopping.

I decided to help her put the shopping away as quickly as we could so that Plinky time could resume. . And then a knock on the door.....the dad in law and his wife! It had got to about 3.30 when they were about to leave and then.....my mum and dad turn up! They left at nearly five. So, whilst it was still half-light, I thought I'd take The Brem out and feed her.

When I got back from Bremby walk, there was a pair of shoes in the hallway. "Whose are they?" I asked. She explained that they were the 17 year old's mate's and that he and four others were here for a meeting to sort registration for a visit to Center Parcs! But they'd only be here for an hour! The next thing she's cooking for all and sundry. It was 8.00 pm when they left! Well pissed off and no more Plinky time!

Until this evening! The Center Parcs posse all met here and they then set off in convoy! Happy days. Scoffed my tea down, tidied up, grabbed the TX and got set up. Ten clicks up and she's perfect windage wise and about 20mm low at 11 yards. Shot a few little pellet sized groups. I think we've done as much as we can until I can test at 30-35 yards, but don't know when that might happen. Even if I don't get the chance, it'll not be that far off and I can tweak her at The Hollow.

Loving the TX, although it's hardly able to totally shine at such short range. And the little Nikko is a peach. I knew it would be, as I was happy with the 4x32, but even at close range down the hallway and at 7x mag, the ret and target are crystal clear and as sharp as one could wish for.

Can't wait to get it to its spiritual home.

And I think I've managed about five plinks now this month....something of a record for me, methinks!

BOING!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    I know where I can get my hands on an extremely cheap crosman optimus prime

Chris
    Yeah, thats still in the corner making me feel guilty!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

And The Sleepometer Says.

Just 60 to go now, peeps.

And the last day of the month.

Getting closer, folks!!

BOING!!

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    The good old days, notice no mention of the good looking fella sat next to him?

Dave
    Or the good looking fella stood at the back.

Only just got my copy of the mag.

Mel
    Last edited by Chippendale; 31-01-2017 at 08:37 AM.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Or the good looking fella stood at the back.

Only just got my copy of the mag.

Mel
    Which Mag was this Mel ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Thumbs up ...and another antendee....

After much ooooing and aaahhhhing, should I or shouldn't I, I've decided to make my virginal pilgrimage to the April Boinger Bash.

I've paid Mick by bank transfer so now all I have to do is decide what to bring with me

Unfettled HW99 .22

Unfettled BSA Supersport Carbine .25 ( Those pellets are tight )

Or something else that I might purchase in the meantime

Anyhow, looking forward to it and meeting the BBS folks
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

You won't regret it Paul. Tis a truly wonderful event

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    The .25 Supersport Carbine would be interesting and you may find that you could buy something while you're there !
    You'll love it but be warned many of the attendees are Crackers !
    “An airgun or two”………

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    After much ooooing and aaahhhhing, should I or shouldn't I, I've decided to make my virginal pilgrimage to the April Boinger Bash.

I've paid Mick by bank transfer so now all I have to do is decide what to bring with me

Unfettled HW99 .22

You'll love it. Ask Tinbum about his .25 and .243 pellet sizers.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    You'll love it. Ask Tinbum about his .25 and .243 pellet sizers.
    Cheers, will do.

I bought the gun from John, JC Vandenbuger at his old Croydon shop for about £90 in 1993.

In those days I don't recall much info about the BSA barrels being tight, and I remember buying some tins of various H&N pellets with the gun and being surprised on how tight they were

I did get a two-piece pellet sizer from Streatham Armoury back in the day; I don't know if anyone else has seen one of these contraptions?

It consisted of two grey handles, one of which was hollowed out with the sizing bore within. You dropped the pellet into the hole, and with the other handle you pushed the pellet through the hollowed out other handle. Then out popped your .25 pellet with bits of swarf hanging off it

I chrono'ed the rifle a while ago and it was running at around 8.5 - 9 ft.lbs depending on pellets. I've got a few tins of Rhino, BSA Pylarm and Marksman, but they all seem to produce similar accuracy - and they're all tight in the barrel
    I end up with a .25 dia hole in my thumb where I've been pushing them in the breech
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post

Unfettled HW99 .22

Glad I won't be the only boinger bash newbie there!

Bring both rifles but definitely the BSA, I'm bringing my 95k & .22 SS Carbine so it'd be good to see another Supersport especially in the large calibre...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by Hellequin View Post
    Glad I won't be the only boinger bash newbie there!

Bring both rifles but definitely the BSA, I'm bringing my 95k & .22 SS Carbine so it'd be good to see another Supersport especially in the large calibre...
    Indeed, I've got plenty of .22 pellets, so now I'd better get somemore .25's

I've had a rummage around and found my old .25 sizer so no more hole in the thumbs for now

Here it is >>>.25 sizer<<<

Might also bring my .22 BSA Scorpion Mk1 pistol, still in it's original box with all its accessories just to look at
    ATB, Paul