Page 4 of 120 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: April Fools Day Boinger Bash 2017 --- Event and Payment Details

Payment sent

Thanks Paul , Tony and Mick for the Birthday wishes, see you all in April.
    Jonny

Be great to see you again, Jonny.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Question Hey Pauly.......

How did you get on with the TX down at the range Brother Paul?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

And the sleepometer says 76 to go, peeps.

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    We'll be there providing nick promises to leave that really nasty wine at home.

I had to throw away two pairs of boxers away after the last one.

Dave
    FFS Dave! you should not give our canine friends wine! four of them thats ridicules, redikelass redicalas, oh chuff it, that's stupid.

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    So, Ray confirmed too.

Yes, I'm sorry folks --- he insisted on coming.

Payment sent

See you on the Friday and Saturday
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    How did you get on with the TX down at the range Brother Paul?
    I'm well pleased with it Tony. I thought it was pretty good with Superdomes at first but then switched to H&N FTT's and the groups really tightened up. At some stage I will try a few more pellet types but I can't see doing much better than the FTT's ? I always fancied a TX but really couldn't get on with the loading port, particularly if it was partially covered by a scope but, this left loader is a real pleasure.

One of the lads down there was determined to find out what the problem was with that HW90 of mine (remember that ?). I brought it to the range for a few visits over the weeks for him to play around with. It's quite a funny story as to how we found the problem (wouldn't be funny in writing, I'd have to tell the story) but basically, some previous owner had cut back the barrel - probably used a Dremmel or angle grinder. The barrel end looks like it had been filed with a brick and was 'domed', any choke that was there was gone and the attempt at re-crowning was an absolute abortion !!. Shame, but..... at least now I know what the issue is so, it's a replacement barrel job at some time in the future.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    The barrel end looks like it had been filed with a brick and was 'domed', any choke that was there was gone and the attempt at re-crowning was an absolute abortion !!. Shame, but..... at least now I know what the issue is so, it's a replacement barrel job at some time in the future.
    All it needs is s chop and recrown, easy, no reason to buy a new barrel. You can even do a hillbilly job without a lathe.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    All it needs is s chop and recrown, easy, no reason to buy a new barrel. You can even do a hillbilly job without a lathe.
    The barrel is now down to 6.5" or 10" including the breechblock, isn't there a legal requirement for barrel length ?. From what I described though, is that likely to be the cause of blunderbuss type grouping ? It chrono's very consistently at around 11.5 fpe.

I can't believe I'm getting into a technical debate with The Mr Budd Be gentle with me Jon
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

I will be coming and will bring the slavia 731 bought from johnbud then will be collecting and tuning up on the day a hw35 from trumpetier .
    Can nick tinbum make sure you have a hw35 size kit with you .
    Will bring my two tx's 97,99,80,95.hatsan 55,900x.x20s stoeger as well for people to play with.
    And my own target boards i am a bit of a paper puncher.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    The barrel is now down to 6.5" or 10" including the breechblock, isn't there a legal requirement for barrel length ?. From what I described though, is that likely to be the cause of blunderbuss type grouping ? It chrono's very consistently at around 11.5 fpe.

I can't believe I'm getting into a technical debate with The Mr Budd Be gentle with me Jon
    No requirement for sub 12fpe guns. As jon said its the crown. Bring it and we'll ask mick nicely if we can play with a lathe.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by dayglowfroggy View Post
    I will be coming and will bring the slavia 731 bought from johnbud then will be collecting and tuning up on the day a hw35 from trumpetier .
    Can nick tinbum make sure you have a hw35 size kit with you .
    Will bring my two tx's 97,99,80,95.hatsan 55,900x.x20s stoeger as well for people to play with.
    And my own target boards i am a bit of a paper puncher.
    I wish people would stop it with the Slavias. I want one now!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

What is that insane rifle of micks called that when you pull the trigger, you need to break the barrel and look to see if it went off or not?

Please?

What is that insane rifle of micks called that when you pull the trigger, you need to break the barrel and look to see if it went off or not?

Please?

Oh, and if anyone hears of a mint lgv master pro before the bash would they please let me know as I'm really looking for one.