Page 5 of 120 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: April Fools Day Boinger Bash 2017 --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    What is that insane rifle of micks called that when you pull the trigger, you need to break the barrel and look to see if it went off or not?

Please?
    I'm guessing you'll be meaning Mick's B2, Jamie?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Yes, I'm sorry folks --- he insisted on coming.
    Haha!

Always good to see our Ray and, if you're looking in, Ray, I hope your dad's doing okay.

Hope his farewell is a little more polite this time, though!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    Payment sent

See you on the Friday and Saturday
    Good man, always good to see you, matey.

See you on the Saturday (unless I can somehow magic something up for the Friday).

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I'm well pleased with it Tony. I thought it was pretty good with Superdomes at first but then switched to H&N FTT's and the groups really tightened up. At some stage I will try a few more pellet types but I can't see doing much better than the FTT's ? I always fancied a TX but really couldn't get on with the loading port, particularly if it was partially covered by a scope but, this left loader is a real pleasure.

One of the lads down there was determined to find out what the problem was with that HW90 of mine (remember that ?). I brought it to the range for a few visits over the weeks for him to play around with. It's quite a funny story as to how we found the problem (wouldn't be funny in writing, I'd have to tell the story) but basically, some previous owner had cut back the barrel - probably used a Dremmel or angle grinder. The barrel end looks like it had been filed with a brick and was 'domed', any choke that was there was gone and the attempt at re-crowning was an absolute abortion !!. Shame, but..... at least now I know what the issue is so, it's a replacement barrel job at some time in the future.

Good news re the TX, Pauly.

.177 or .22?

And be guided by our Jon re the barrel on the '90, matey.

Quote Originally Posted by dayglowfroggy View Post
    I will be coming and will bring the slavia 731 bought from johnbud then will be collecting and tuning up on the day a hw35 from trumpetier .
    Can nick tinbum make sure you have a hw35 size kit with you .
    Will bring my two tx's 97,99,80,95.hatsan 55,900x.x20s stoeger as well for people to play with.
    And my own target boards i am a bit of a paper puncher.
    Excellent!

Be brill to see you again.

Why not let Nick fit the kit for you? You know he loves a '35 and will take extra special care with it!

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    No requirement for sub 12fpe guns. As jon said its the crown. Bring it and we'll ask mick nicely if we can play with a lathe.
    A lovely offer showing the true Brotherhood of The Bash spirit.

Nice one, Nick.

I wish people would stop it with the Slavias. I want one now!
    Well, depending on what happens money wise between now and The Bash, Nick (I received a nice, shocking bill for something yesterday which I'll try and resolve on Wednesday) and depending on how nice that little Diana 31 shoots, you never know, but we might maybe discuss a part exchange deal with the 634, sporting your lovely internals. With money being tight and, well, if I'm not taking an EXTRA gun home, that might make things easier.

No promises, we'll see, 'cos I do like it and a weird funny feeling has just come over me contemplating chopping it in!

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Haha!

Always good to see our Ray and, if you're looking in, Ray, I hope your dad's doing okay.

Hope his farewell is a little more polite this time, though!
    Yeah, me too, hope your Dad is doing well Ray.

To be fair Tone, he did wave at us with his middle finger before h left
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

To be fair Tone, he did wave at us with his middle finger before h left
    Yep, that's what I mean, Pauly.

Well out of order! There was Mick waving his farewells and wishing Ray all the best and a safe journey home - or something like that!

Shocking it was!

No requirement for sub 12fpe guns. As jon said its the crown. Bring it and we'll ask mick nicely if we can play with a lathe.
    That's very kind of you Nick X

Yep, happy (for you anyway) to work on it. My (very limited) thinking is, it's 28 years old, shooting like a tramp on meths and cut down shorter than my long trousers ! Isn't there a choke in all air rifle barrels ??? Well, that's gone ! It's tough enough to cock at 10" + moderator. I'd have to get a new mod anyway as the one on it is well banjaxed. I'm just thinking a new barrel may be the way to go and it would/could be 1/2 inch UNF ??

However, by way of nostalgia..... If you wanna take me and my shooting stick down Micks 'barn' for a bit of 'fettling', then, I'm up for it - as long as The Captain is there as my chaperone (yet again !)
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Good news re the TX, Pauly.

.177 or .22?

And be guided by our Jon re the barrel on the '90, matey.
    .22 Tony. Can't be doing with gays

Yep, that's what I mean, Pauly.

Well out of order! There was Mick waving his farewells and wishing Ray all the best and a safe journey home - or something like that!

Shocking it was!
    And that's the type of thing that makes him a Cult and me returning to The Hollow

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........

Oooh, isn't he bold?

I'll have a look at your short one and give it a rub down if you want...
    Last edited by Captain Bongo; 15-01-2017 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Removed gay overtones......

It may be worth trying some Falcon Accuracy Plus / JSB Jumbo RS also, Pauly.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post

I'll have a look at your short one and give it a rub down if you want...
    Will that make it longer, Steve?

Might help with the cock(ing) effort!