Page 54 of 120 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: April Fools Day Boinger Bash 2017 --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Time is BOINGING along quite nicely

I've been shooting my new .177 HW99 and it seems to be running quite smoothly without any strange noises for a standard gun so far .....

I've also bulk ordered plenty of pellets as the prices seem to be going up recently There are some good deals to be had if you shop around

BOINGY BOING for the morning tea break
    One of my 99s is a totally standard .177, Boingy Paul.

All I did when I first got it was whip the stock off and apply some moly paste to the underside of the cocking lever and to the cocking "horn" and cocking slot, just as a precautionary measure and it's been perfect.

Just a slight twang, certainly nothing untoward and I'm not one bit tempted to strip it yet.

Very accurate and seemingly not pellet fussy either.

BOING!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    One of my 99s is a totally standard .177, Boingy Paul.

All I did when I first got it was whip the stock off and apply some moly paste to the underside of the cocking lever and to the cocking "horn" and cocking slot, just as a precautionary measure and it's been perfect.

Just a slight twang, certainly nothing untoward and I'm not one bit tempted to strip it yet.

Very accurate and seemingly not pellet fussy either.

BOING!!
    Speaking of TWAAANG....

I've had an 'indoor play' this morning (got enough for 6yds and the weather is miserable) with the old Supersport Carbine, Webley Tempest and, most excitingly the HW35 I've just bought via the sales section which arrived this morning.

To be honest the 35 shoots pretty nicely for a bog standard (just a clean & lube by the previous owner I think) 1980 rifle but it is going to be my 'posh project'. The stock is in lovely condition and has already been re-finished really nicely by Dan, so nowt needed there, however I want to properly sort the action. It isn't bad cosmetically but definitely needs a re-blue. Internally, I'm considering a full V-Glide by Lyn Lewington (and hopefully re-blue at the same time) but might get the thoughts on 'tuning' from other 35 fans at the bash first...

Finally, I'm undecided on whether to keep the barrel at the standard 'musket length' with open sights or get it shortened by 2-3", re-crowned and a 'slimtech' style moderator fitted. I've a lovely little period 4x32 scope for it if I go this route but in the meantime I'll enjoy shooting it with a bit of twang!

I've also a Mercury S coming later this week and have already ordered a WW spring kit & piston head kit for that, as it's another 1980 rifle but has sat idle for the last 37 years so I'll have plenty to get on with!
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5

Lunch

Me & her sat in the Longshoot. Sneaky rehearsal for Bash dinners

Pete
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Me & her sat in the Longshoot. Sneaky rehearsal for Bash dinners

Pete
    My local eatery when We can't be bothered to cook, Pete --- Good, isn't it ?

If you look at the Motel part out the back it may feel strangely familiar as it was the outdoor set of the TV series, "Crossroads".

All the best Mick

To be honest Mick The Crossroads connection tempted Debbie to visit. Bloody good meal and very cheap

Pete
    Pete

Is the longshoot the eatery that the rabble, bum, cptn, dave Gwyn etc now go to in the evenings in their best bash shorts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Is the longshoot the eatery that the rabble, bum, cptn, dave Gwyn etc now go to in the evenings in their best bash shorts?
    There was a sign up saying no Cornishmen in shorts so I assume so

Pete
    Pete

That'll be the one then.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyBob View Post
    Speaking of TWAAANG....

I've had an 'indoor play' this morning (got enough for 6yds and the weather is miserable) with the old Supersport Carbine, Webley Tempest and, most excitingly the HW35 I've just bought via the sales section which arrived this morning.

To be honest the 35 shoots pretty nicely for a bog standard (just a clean & lube by the previous owner I think) 1980 rifle but it is going to be my 'posh project'. The stock is in lovely condition and has already been re-finished really nicely by Dan, so nowt needed there, however I want to properly sort the action. It isn't bad cosmetically but definitely needs a re-blue. Internally, I'm considering a full V-Glide by Lyn Lewington (and hopefully re-blue at the same time) but might get the thoughts on 'tuning' from other 35 fans at the bash first...

Finally, I'm undecided on whether to keep the barrel at the standard 'musket length' with open sights or get it shortened by 2-3", re-crowned and a 'slimtech' style moderator fitted. I've a lovely little period 4x32 scope for it if I go this route but in the meantime I'll enjoy shooting it with a bit of twang!

I've also a Mercury S coming later this week and have already ordered a WW spring kit & piston head kit for that, as it's another 1980 rifle but has sat idle for the last 37 years so I'll have plenty to get on with!
    HW35.....as you say, wait until The Bash and make sure you have a go with Uncle Mick's long stroke 'O' ring one. Not dissing a V-Glide or Lyn's talents, but Mick also has a 25mm sleeved down one and he even conceded that, seeing how nice the long stroke gun is, it seems pretty much OTT sleeving it down; a much less involved conversion and super, super-sweet. Honestly, it's lovely.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

HW35.....as you say, wait until The Bash and make sure you have a go with Uncle Mick's long stroke 'O' ring one. Not dissing a V-Glide or Lyn's talents, but Mick also has a 25mm sleeved down one and he even conceded that, seeing how nice the long stroke gun is, it seems pretty much OTT sleeving it down; a much less involved conversion and super, super-sweet. Honestly, it's lovely.
    I'm definitely going to wait Tony, much better to get some advice and perhaps get to try a couple of others first.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Even Tinbum stuttered when Mick and I talked him into having a go with that gun of Mick's, BB.

It was quite entertaining seeing him get his knickers in a twist, going off along the lines of, "Well, yes, they CAN shoot nicely, and this one's really, really nice....but I still think they're ugly....blah...blah...blah!"

He was later seen laying face down in the field, in floods of tears, kicking and screaming as he had let his guard down, had a go with a 35 and admitting that he actually LOVES THEM!!

We all promised, to save face, that we would keep this embarrassing little incident hush hush, so keep it to yourself, okay?

Ha! I'll not say a word Tony, even though he's already threatened my 35 with a hacksaw and the bonfire...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyBob View Post
    Ha! I'll not say a word Tony, even though he's already threatened my 35 with some Delrin and Bumslide:
    See? He's mellowing in his old age.

Even Tinbum stuttered when Mick and I talked him into having a go with that gun of Mick's, BB.

It was quite entertaining seeing him get his knickers in a twist, going off along the lines of, "Well, yes, they CAN shoot nicely, and this one's really, really nice....but I still think they're ugly....blah...blah...blah!"

He was later seen laying face down in the field, in floods of tears, kicking and screaming as he had let his guard down, had a go with a 35 and admitting that he actually LOVES THEM!!

We all promised, to save face, that we would keep this embarrassing little incident hush hush, so keep it to yourself, okay?
    To be fair Tone, he was likely having angry sex with himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    To be fair Tone, he was likely having angry sex with himself.
    if that's what it was, I'm glad I don't get angry urges then, Phil!

Looked quite traumatic, it did.