Page 59 of 120 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: April Fools Day Boinger Bash 2017 --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Where's PaulSE with a Boing ? Hope alls well matey. Boinging it up from the bottom in your absence

Hopefully picking up a 'new' 'quick put up' tent from a mate in The Forest of Dean (you up for a visit Rooti, you miserable old Git ?) on Saturday. I know it's only 2 or 3 nights but I hate the whole putting up/taking down lark. Putting up isn't toooo bad but I like to do that as soon as I arrive and I'm just too anxious to get over to the poly tunnel to chat and plink. Putting down is the worst as I know it's the end of a blinding weekend and...... I've usually got a hangover
    Cheers for the BOING, PaulyBoy!

Maybe PaulSExy has been rumbled at work and can't get on at break time?

Hey matey, just a thought.....sod the tent, just buy one of them tiny caravan thingies and leave it permanently at The Hollow!

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Cheers for the BOING, PaulyBoy!

Maybe PaulSExy has been rumbled at work and can't get on at break time?

Hey matey, just a thought.....sod the tent, just buy one of them tiny caravan thingies and leave it permanently at The Hollow!

BOING!
    Ahh yeah, did I talk to you about one of those ? Can't remember I saw one being towed when I was travelling up North last week, looked like a 1/2 berth, very modern looking, no wider/higher or longer than a car. Trouble is I haven't got anywhere to put it at home. I'll see if I can add a link if I can find it on the webby thingy.
    Last edited by NewPaul; 28-02-2017 at 09:38 PM.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

.....Got another Boinger yet??
    Funny you should say that.......no not quite

I'm still peeing about with the wolf and having a bit of hassle sorting out some 30mm scope mounts so I can clear the magazine and not have the scope jacked up like it's on stilts

Thought I'd cracked it got some nice Medium mounts and the scope sits perfect but my mounts are 0.6mm too low to clear the magazine....Doh!!

Just purchased another set of lovely mounts which I know will be slightly higher and I'm hoping there not silly high as being a guntart I'll take looks over practicality

Re the springer SWMBO actually said to me tonight anything I want for my birthday (end of march) I just shrugged and she said what about a gun

So I'm leaving that door wide open for now got a few weeks to work on that one

I might even delay my good lady getting any present until after the bash as by the sounds of it at the bash it would give me a good chance to pick brains and work on what I actually like and want from a springer 🤔

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    This kind of thing would be good but the one I saw was smaller and better looking.
    https://dvickers1955.files.wordpress...-cockpit-s.png
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Ahh yeah, did I talk to you about one of those ? Can't remember I saw one being towed when I was travelling up North last week, looked like a 1/2 berth, very modern looking, no wider/higher or longer than a car. Trouble is I haven't got anywhere to put it at home. I'll see if I can add a link if I can find it on the web by thingy.
    Nope, we didn't talk about that, Pauly.

But, what about asking Uncle Mick if you could just take it straight to Her Royal Quigliness?

Like a mini home from home; just rock up, chat, plink, party, sleep, repeat.......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

This kind of thing would be good but the one I saw was smaller and better looking.
    https://dvickers1955.files.wordpress...-cockpit-s.png
    That's do the job, Pauly!

Or, another idea....what about a small, cheap van? One that's about to run out of MOT? Drive it to The Hollow. Park it up. Line it out and make it all nice and plush, like?

Or, what about a shed? Like a mini log cabin?

Ooo-er, lots of possibilities. But it depends on whether it's fair on Mick (& feasible) and if that'd then open the doors for a "free-for-all"....before he knows it, it could soon resemble a holiday park!

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Bloody Wales, been here since Friday and it's hardly stopped raining. Off to Chester zoo today and forecast for more rain
    And you expected anything different???!!!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

32 little sleepies to go, my fine peeps.

It's just around the corner, folks.

Get them fun tokens into Uncle Mick.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Wow this is starting to come round fast

Seems like yesterday it was circa 12 weeks away

Noticed the attendance list is starting to look healthy

Will be nice to put many names to faces
    Its not fast when your waiting for ya brand new rifle!!! Lol taking bleedin ages!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Its not fast when your waiting for ya brand new rifle!!! Lol taking bleedin ages!
    Mmmm....see what you mean there, young Rhys.

Sorry, matey....but see the next post....

Cool Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits......

So many reasons to be cheerful on this fine day, my Boingerpeeps!

Firstly, it's the first of a month, so the very best of luck to all.

And, it's not the first of just any month, but......one month from now, it's the main Boinger Bash Day! Oh yes, indeed!

We get the Spring equinox this month, with the ever-lengthening days, and the clockx will also be going forward.

But, the best thing is that, for many of you lucky peeps who can arrive before the Saturday, WE ARE NOW INTO BOINGER BASH MONTH!!

Here it comes, folks.......

BOING!!

31 to go (for the Saturday peeps).
    Last edited by TonyL; 01-03-2017 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Funny you should say that.......no not quite

I'm still peeing about with the wolf and having a bit of hassle sorting out some 30mm scope mounts so I can clear the magazine and not have the scope jacked up like it's on stilts

Thought I'd cracked it got some nice Medium mounts and the scope sits perfect but my mounts are 0.6mm too low to clear the magazine....Doh!!

Just purchased another set of lovely mounts which I know will be slightly higher and I'm hoping there not silly high as being a guntart I'll take looks over practicality

Re the springer SWMBO actually said to me tonight anything I want for my birthday (end of march) I just shrugged and she said what about a gun

So I'm leaving that door wide open for now got a few weeks to work on that one

I might even delay my good lady getting any present until after the bash as by the sounds of it at the bash it would give me a good chance to pick brains and work on what I actually like and want from a springer 🤔
    Blimey!

You lucky, lucky man, Nick.

By waiting until The Bash, in addition to helping you choose, you may even find your perfect springer honey at Quigley Hollow, Nick.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Reading the last few posts, I'd stress that anyone attending the forthcoming Spring Do who are seriously considering buying a springer (or scope) new or used, should wait until that event !
    They'll be a large and varied selection of spring driven air rifles to view and if the owners give permission (they usually do) they can be shot.
    All this will obviously be really useful in choosing a new gun and scope !
    “An airgun or two”………

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Reading the last few posts, I'd stress that anyone attending the forthcoming Spring Do who are seriously considering buying a springer (or scope) new or used, should wait until that event !
    They'll be a large and varied selection of spring driven air rifles to view and if the owners give permission (they usually do) they can be shot.

I may bring a couple to put on the sales table john!!
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Indeed, 'tis a lovely feature of The Bash that everyone is willing to let you have a go with their guns. From highly specialized and tweaked beauties through normal production guns, mildly fettled ones and rare, collectable examples.

You can witness the technical wizardry of the "shed tuners" and marvel at their sublime firing cycles. And it's also given me the fantastic opportunity of trying many a gun from yesteryear that I could, hitherto, only dream about shooting. And it's very interesting to try many other types of guns, even those that you had never previously considered trying or buying. Eye-opening and adding to the knowledge bank.

And it's all coming to a beloved, picturesque and therapeutic setting very soon now.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I may bring a couple to put on the sales table john!!
    Tease.
    Smell my cheese