Thread: Fx impact

Fx impact

Anyone know of anywhere that has an fx impact .22 fac in stock? Or any news on waiting lists? Thanks

Longbenton North Tyneside. +Dinnington FTC.
    Take a look at Blackpool Air Rifles site for some info.

Not so fun fact- I read about this study about the link between couples shopping at Ikea and the divorce rates... They both had near identical correlations.

Ikea is Swedish... So is FX airguns! Both give dissatisfaction in men.

Whilst BAR are having a torrid time with them it seems Ted's Impact won the extreme bench rest:

https://youtu.be/TNONcrNmWDE

Wink

Ahh the fabulous Fx Impact, I bought a .22 Fac version, mag wouldn't index correctly, it would fire a second after I pulled the trigger and lost 150 bar of pressure overnight.

Bar returned it to the importers for repair and it was back within a week, lasted a whole day before the main valve went tits up and dumped all its air, bargain at £1600.00

Bought a 20 year Theoben Rapid for £400.00 and it's been faultless and just as accurate, progress eh

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    Ahh the fabulous Fx Impact, I bought a .22 Fac version, mag wouldn't index correctly, it would fire a second after I pulled the trigger and lost 150 bar of pressure overnight.

Bar returned it to the importers for repair and it was back within a week, lasted a whole day before the main valve went tits up and dumped all its air, bargain at £1600.00

Bought a 20 year Theoben Rapid for £400.00 and it's been faultless and just as accurate, progress eh
    thats my worry. i have a hw100 12sub. it has been faultless and i mean faultless.

but i would like an fac air rifle, and i was planning on buying one of the newer fx models.

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    thats my worry. i have a hw100 12sub. it has been faultless and i mean faultless.

but i would like an fac air rifle, and i was planning on buying one of the newer fx models.
    I used to have a Verminator mk2 in fac, as well as a couple of other fx models at 12 and they were all very good, but I have also had a wildcat and that was poor as well, I'm certainly not anti FX but I wouldn't touch these models at the moment, I also have a hw100 sub 12 and I agree its spot on.

I considered the Weihrauch at fac spec but I think the power is only around 24 on ticket and I prefer 30 ish for .22

I know its a bit long in the tooth, but the Rapid is a great gun at Fac levels

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    I used to have a Verminator mk2 in fac, as well as a couple of other fx models at 12 and they were all very good, but I have also had a wildcat and that was poor as well, I'm certainly not anti FX but I wouldn't touch these models at the moment, I also have a hw100 sub 12 and I agree its spot on.

I considered the Weihrauch at fac spec but I think the power is only around 24 on ticket and I prefer 30 ish for .22

I know its a bit long in the tooth, but the Rapid is a great gun at Fac levels

Andy
    good to know about the rapid.

funny that, the wildcat was the rifle i had in mind when i put in for my fac variation.

so frustrating that there are problems with both fx rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavant_Lad View Post
    Take a look at Blackpool Air Rifles site for some info.
    I thought they had decided not to stock them due to very poor QC.

A.G

FAC air rifle.

My mate picked up a new Brocock Compatto last week, he's very pleased with it, especially the three power settings. It's putting out about 30 ft. lbs. with JSB's, 18. something grain.

Something to think about. The more you spend the more you can be disappointed. I will stick to my Galatian then
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by nayton59 View Post
    Anyone know of anywhere that has an fx impact .22 fac in stock? Or any news on waiting lists? Thanks
    Solware had a .22 FAC Impact in stock the other week.

The imapct is a complex gun. Especially in FAC
    Switch barrel multi power mag fed system. There so many areas where the mk1 can make custard.

Its new to market.

Almost all makers have had ups from minor to major. It will never change. There is a balance between r and d and getting the sales in to cover and break even.

The degree of slagging is an economic risk most companies seem to be willing to take a gamble on.

But you buy a Mk1 variant you are paying to be the R&D unit for the company. Come on guys it isnt rocket science. Think of any major PCP rifle makers and there is probably an equiv to the Impact in its line up with an historical turd in the bowl.

I think the Impact is an excellent concept but rushed to market too quickly. So the pressure is actually on FX to get it sorted and quickly. Longer term it will probably proove to be a good decision for the end user who is patient and waits for the bugs to come out of the woodwork and be sorted.

At least its just not working as opposed to blowing up 😆 Every cloud has a silver lining
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill