Thread: Cutting Crowning and silencing a SMK XS19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wink Cutting Crowning and silencing a SMK XS19

Hi Guys

Im currently out in Iraq doing security for oil and gas however I will return to UK mid Feb for my months leave, I have bought TBT kits (not the maxi) for both my HW99S and my XS19 and while I'm happy to strip clean, de bur, polish, sleeve and re-lube both rifles I'm also intent on carbine-ing my XS19 happy enough with the cut and home made guide for the cut, and putting a pellet wrong way round just below the cut to prevent swarf getting in the barrel, Just need some advice with firstly re-crowning the barrel and secondly silencing it, I'm considering either getting it screw cut UNF, using and adapter or getting a slip on silencer, what would be best, and if screw cut does anyone know someone near Wigan who can do this for me, I know my barrel is bang on 15mm I'd love a silenced shroud but doubt if its feesable.

Anyway help here is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by philmatuk View Post
    Hi Guys

Im currently out in Iraq doing security for oil and gas however I will return to UK mid Feb for my months leave, I have bought TBT kits (not the maxi) for both my HW99S and my XS19 and while I'm happy to strip clean, de bur, polish, sleeve and re-lube both rifles I'm also intent on carbine-ing my XS19 happy enough with the cut and home made guide for the cut, and putting a pellet wrong way round just below the cut to prevent swarf getting in the barrel, Just need some advice with firstly re-crowning the barrel and secondly silencing it, I'm considering either getting it screw cut UNF, using and adapter or getting a slip on silencer, what would be best, and if screw cut does anyone know someone near Wigan who can do this for me, I know my barrel is bang on 15mm I'd love a silenced shroud but doubt if its feesable.

Anyway help here is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Phil
    Recrowning is easy if you have a lathe, use the parting tool to cut the barrel to the length you want, I wouldn't recommend going below 12", then turn the last inch of the barrel down to the correct size for the 1/2 unf by 20 tpi pitched thread, as for crowning use a correct size countersink and go into the end of the barrel making sure it is even. You can get this done by a gunsmith but will cost you about £30-40

Gunsmith near Wigan

thanks buddy,

Anyone know of a good Gunsmith near wigan.

Kind Regards

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by davy2311 View Post
    You can get this done by a gunsmith but will cost you about £30-40
    Which is likely to be a lot cheaper than having to buy a replacement barrel...

Gunsmith near Wigan

Well I asked my local gun shop (JJ McAvoys) who claim to be a gunsmith online (but I know they send it away) and they came back to me with a price of "70 pounds or more" I think I'm being lead up the garden path there a bit. So i'll try find another "gunsmith" to do the work.

Anyways guys if you know of anyone around my area (Wigan) who does this or can do this please let me have their details

Many Thanks

Phil Martin

Pm coming

Phil Crampton of Rat Works did my CZ200s Barrel for £35
    https://www.facebook.com/TheRATWorks/ message him on facebook.