Thread: Air rifle car boot sale

Air rifle car boot sale

Has anyone gone to a major shooting event , with a boot full of air gun related stuff to sell ? Living up north the chance to sell is limited , just though that might be a way to move some guns on . Say at the midland fair ? Or would the organisers frown on it . Your thoughts ?
    Sportsmatch GC2 numbers ,190, 252, 279.Steyr LP1 &LP5,EV2 mk4
    Whiscombe JW 50 FB Number 0012 & JW 60 Number 031, ,CR-X,

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Drive down to Mick's bash - just check with him first though
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

If you were open about it, I'd expect the organisers would charge you a pitch fee, and they're not cheap. If you were just selling out of your boot in the car park, you'd run the risk of upsetting the organisers with a heave-ho and a vehicle ban from future events run by the same organisers. Many years ago I'd pick up small jobs like event parking and we were all told to watch for that sort of thing going on. The Boinger Bash sounds like a possible outlet, as mentioned earlier, but agreed, you'd need to run it by Mick.

We held an Airgun Fair in aid of charity at Adlington near Cholrey on the 13th August last year. It was advertised on here http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ight=Adlington, other web sites and local shops. It raised over £600 for Cancer Research.
    We intend to host another one, same venue later this year.

HTH
    Ian.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by bigwalk View Post
    Has anyone gone to a major shooting event , with a boot full of air gun related stuff to sell ? Living up north the chance to sell is limited , just though that might be a way to move some guns on . Say at the midland fair ? Or would the organisers frown on it . Your thoughts ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootfish View Post
    The Boinger Bash sounds like a possible outlet, as mentioned earlier, but agreed, you'd need to run it by Mick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    Drive down to Mick's bash - just check with him first though

I have no problem whatsoever with private individuals rocking up here with a boot full of guns to sell, the bashes really give the opportunity to try before you buy and to the best of my knowledge we've had zero after sales problems to date.

I wouldn't want dealers rocking up here and setting a stall up, but genuine folks thinning down a collection or just moving the odd gun on I have no problem with.

All the best Mick

Guns for sale

Or perhaps wait for the next MELBOURNE BELLRINGERS Airgun Fayre Probably cost yo a tenner for a table.
    Lots of folk do buy there.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Mmmmm, airguns and bootsale two of my most favourite things, does it get any better than this?

Mmmm....PJ, my two excellent Superstar seller!

I don't know about getting better than suggested, but, a vintage motorcycle autojumble is up there with the best of them. Would be great to have a air rifle jumble......Hope all is well!

Hi there, how are those superstars performing? Im still waiting to see a carbine in the flesh. Nice to see Tenby on Sherlock last night.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I have no problem whatsoever with private individuals rocking up here with a boot full of guns to sell, the bashes really give the opportunity to try before you buy and to the best of my knowledge we've had zero after sales problems to date.

I wouldn't want dealers rocking up here and setting a stall up, but genuine folks thinning down a collection or just moving the odd gun on I have no problem with.

All the best Mick
    Plus there's normally a "For Sale at The Bash" thread, so you can let people know in advance what you're thinking of bringing along.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    A "bit of a hike" from you but the Spring Bash is a very pleasent opportunity to trade with fellow airgun enthusiasts !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by bigwalk View Post
    If you put up a for sale thread on here & arranged to meet any perspective buyer at the game fair I can't see it would be anything to do with them .

In auto jumble car parks you often see signs in car windows "xyz for sale" with a phone number, if that's more what you were thinking,
    they might object to that, but if you put the sign up after you park would they spot it & even if they see it I don't see what they could do except phone the number & ask you to take it down,
    you'd just need to read all the small print of the show rules just in case they specifically state it's prohibited.

For sale

Thanks for all the input
    Sportsmatch GC2 numbers ,190, 252, 279.Steyr LP1 &LP5,EV2 mk4
    Whiscombe JW 50 FB Number 0012 & JW 60 Number 031, ,CR-X,