Thread: Vintage underlever shooting video

edbear2 Guest

Vintage underlever shooting video

Just goes to show that BSA Exported everywhere..Also how good these pre-war rifles were..

And how well they have lasted..
    Last edited by edbear2; 24-11-2022 at 04:45 PM.

Just goes to show that BSA Exported everywhere..Also how good these pre-war rifles were..

And how well they have lasted..

Inproved

Cool to see one in action and that guy can shoot.

Where can I get one that shoots like that?

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Just found this whilst wasting a bit of time....and the gun used is something you don't see everyday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz_7IzbiGSg

Just shows anything can turn up anywhere!

ATB, Ed
    Thanks Ed. Impressive marksmanship!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Some of us would be happy with that group at 6 yds

I know that we saw the result after the exercise but did we see the scorecard before his brilliant marksmanship?

Curiously its a diopter type rear sight. We don't actually see the paper target clearly before he strolls back though By the pace of his walk, I make it about 20 metres roughly?

Well, what the hell is that?

German Diana or similar ?

Definitely a German trigger guard ( Diana or Haenel at a guess ) with a very "airsporterised" front end. Very strange gun, but very impressive results

Still more than effective after all these years......

Thanks for posting Ed.

Fascinating

Fascinating video and it would be really pleasing to see more of these, featuring weapons of this age.

I also looked at your collection of photographs, Ed, at the second link you provided and spent a very satisfying 45 minutes doing so. It seems your vintage rifle was quite capable of exceeding the TX200 in terms of its grouping.

Interesting to see how the telescopic sight was fitted on another of the vintage rifles; the task must have been very delicately carried out to prevent incursion into the cylinder beneath.

On another matter, I showed an engineering friend of mine, over the weekend, my recently purchased 1968 Mk3 and he was so impressed that he decided, at once, to buy one on account of the engineering - there are, fortunately, plenty of them, so this task should not be onerous albeit finding one in good condition will be a little more taxing.

Hopefully, shortly, I shall soon have back my BSA Standard after its service and repair and will doubtless report thereon to the forum.

Kind rgds
    Andrew.

Ok..I should know better I looked at this Video before with my distance glasses on ..I think that this is a Haenel IV ..

Sorry for even thinking that it was a Bsa..Should have realised I have just sold my Haenel..

Inproved...