Thread: Didn't expect Bisley adjustable pad to be so chunky for Prosport

Thumbs up Didn't expect Bisley adjustable pad to be so chunky for Prosport

Ordered a Sportsmatch mount and Bisley adjustable buttpad from Michael Tawn of UK which reached me to Mongolia in 12 days, thanks Michael top guy.
    Now, sports match mount is a solid bit of kit built like a tank and i am well impressed with the quality, compared to my old cheapo chinese one piece mount this one feels like proper gear.
    However, not so impressed with the Bisley pad, as i was expecting slimmer profile less rubbery pad, but this one has even more rubber than original and to its credit a bit curvy.
    So not satisfied with the look of the new adjustable pad, settled the matters with a knife and wood rasp.
    After an hour or so here is the result, please rate and let me know how does it look, i am well happy with the result anyway

Quote Originally Posted by mglhunter View Post
    Ordered a Sportsmatch mount and Bisley adjustable buttpad from Michael Tawn of UK which reached me to Mongolia in 12 days, thanks Michael top guy.
    Now, sports match mount is a solid bit of kit built like a tank and i am well impressed with the quality, compared to my old cheapo chinese one piece mount this one feels like proper gear.
    However, not so impressed with the Bisley pad, as i was expecting slimmer profile less rubbery pad, but this one has even more rubber than original and to its credit a bit curvy.
    So not satisfied with the look of the new adjustable pad, settled the matters with a knife and wood rasp.
    After an hour or so here is the result, please rate and let me know how does it look, i am well happy with the result anyway

You have to take into consideration the adjustment requires a bit of space, I fit these to most of my rifles, only problem I have with them is I wish they would not drill the fixing holes as they never line up with the originals and often conflict!

But length of pull wise I just take 10mm or whatever is required off the rifle butt, after all your not going to take it off and put the original back.

Couldn't agree more with the holes predrilled bit, today one hole almost was going to be compromised.

One thing you can do is drill the hole in the stock out to 6mm then fill it with a good two part epoxy filler, you can then drill into this without any issues as the epoxy is stronger than the wood.