Thread: Hatsan stirrup pump

Opposite the cow-field, just outside Dover, Kent

Hatsan stirrup pump

I have just acquired one as part of a deal on a rifle. It appears to have a filter with silica gel crystals in each handle, is this usual ? Do they need replacing or can they be dried in the airing cupboard and reused ? The gauge is rather offset which doesn't affect performance but does rather offend my OCD is it possible to rotate it back so I am less stressed by it ?

I must say it seems like a decent pump, does anybody have any experience ?

regards
    Steve
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

silica gel is to reduce the moisture going into your rifle. you make heat pumping the rifle up. the heat will turn to water once cold.

not an expert explanation but its a rough answer

Nice one. Do I need to replace / reuse the crystals ?
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Beagle View Post
    Nice one. Do I need to replace / reuse the crystals ?
    I know you used to get dri pacs .never used the stirrup pump.

Any other thoughts on the opening post appreciated

Does anybody have knowledge to share about this pump

From what I know about silica is that it can be microwaved to remove the water. I have the stuff it dehumidifies my car.

The gauge may leak air if unscrewed slightly. If you remove the gauge and add a thick layer of PTFE tape. So that it can be tightened to the right position.

Quote Originally Posted by qyuubi786 View Post
    From what I know about silica is that it can be microwaved to remove the water. I have the stuff it dehumidifies my car.

The gauge may leak air if unscrewed slightly. If you remove the gauge and add a thick layer of PTFE tape. So that it can be tightened to the right position.
    Thank you so much, perfect answer and I'm grateful.