Thread: Kral puncher breaker synthetic bullpup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Kral puncher breaker synthetic bullpup

Picked up one of these in .177 last week from Crawley surplus, great shop and great people if you are in the area.

I have had it at the range for a few hours now so thought I'd do an initial review.

It feels pretty well made for a £400 rifle and looks pretty good too.

The trigger is pretty heavy out of the box so I'll be adjusting it at some point. The other thing is that it is down on power at only 10.2 ft lbs but that's not the end of the world but I'll be tweaking it up at some point no doubt.

As for accuracy I tried all of the usual suspects such as a field and bus mags but the onLy pellet it would group with was rws h point. This was only initial testing at 20 yards and I had my Yukon photon on so I'll swap it for a day scope for the next session.

The good things are that it's extremely short at 28 inches without a silencer and you get just over 100 shots per charge. The side lever is pretty slick too and the magazines are great (14 shot), you even get a recess in the front of the stock for a spare one.

It comes with a thread on the foreend to take a machined qr stud but nothing at the butt but it is threaded for a silencer.

The scope height may be an issue for some , due to being a bullpup your mounts will sit quite high at anything between 2 and 3 inches depending on how you're built.

So far then the trigger and accuracy are still to be explored but it groups well with some pellets so it could be a pellet fussy gun. The power was down but it was powerful enough for all airgun hunting. However it handles well , has a large shot count for its size and it would be perfect for a truck or barn rig.

For £400 it's a good buy for a hunting gun unless the trigger can't be sorted and I can't get it to group with some domes, I'll keep you posted.

Looking forward to part two as I'm tempted by one myself.

Trigger, power and accuracy issues are a concern for you. Hope you get it sorted. I believe there's an anti tamper which if removed will mess your warranty, have you tried cleaning the barrel as there's usually a lot of anti rust gunk in the barrel on the Turkish and Chinese guns.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    Trigger, power and accuracy issues are a concern for you. Hope you get it sorted. I believe there's an anti tamper which if removed will mess your warranty, have you tried cleaning the barrel as there's usually a lot of anti rust gunk in the barrel on the Turkish and Chinese guns.
    I'll try that mate thanks for the tip. Usually a new rifle takes a bit of figuring out but that's half the fun.

If all else fails I'll stick a reg in it and take it from there

I was torn between a Kral and the smk p10, both have plus and minus, friend at club had problem with his Kral that needed returning and a nice smk came up on here so the smk won. Think both for the money is a great way to scratch the bull pup itch as long as you get a good one, which I did, though many don't!! The Kral is the better looking by far and would have one if I knew it was a good one.

Thumbs up

Will have it on the range tomorrow , so it'll either be this seasons truck gun or tomorrow door stop

On the range today and gave it a good run. I gave it a good barrel clean before hand as advised.

I tried about ten different pellets again and most of them grouped like a shotgun at 32 yards, truly awful . I took the silencer off and the groups tightened up a bit but still not great.

Finally I tried single shot and finally it started to print some decent groups, one holers in a lot of cases.

I still had a few drop here and there though. The shot spread on the chrono was a 30 fps spread which isn't great but not horrendous.

The trigger still needs adjusting because I think this is affecting accuracy too.

All in all I think I will take it back to the shop next week because it won't group with the mags and the trigger is truly shit.

A real shame because the size and function are all great but if a multi shot rifle won't group what's the point.