Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone actually encountered a Happy Gun shop??

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Been in Wonderland a few times but its really a very nice Toyshop".
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    was 20 or so years ago I was last in. they were great for RC cars but poor for airguns .

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    I've seen you in Wonderland a few times, usually following a few tins of John Smiths, John.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    I've seen you in Wonderland a few times, usually following a few tins of John Smiths, John.
    Many times Phil, many times !
    “An airgun or two”………

Ye Abridge Armoury closed down now but it was run by two exceptional people Pete he is with mays of London now and Trevor sadly passed away although it was only a small shop it was by far my favourite in every way Trevor took parts off his own gun to fix mine first class people

Definitely agree with what's been said about Livelines in Armadale - Scott and Yvonne couldn't be more helpful or friendly. Of the others around this neck of the woods that I have tried, Robbie MacGregor, of Angler’s Choice in Dundee is good to deal with, Wonderland has been fine and Macleod have been very helpful over the phone.

I can’t say the same about Crockharts in Blairgowrie. I was kept waiting for over 20 minutes while the two shop guys chatted to one of their regulars about life the Universe and everything – no buying or selling going on. Unfortunately, I had to stay as they had my gun and when they did eventually serve me they were really dismissive and made it very clear what they thought of airguns and the people who shoot them. Still, they were better than Mallochs in Perth: I don’t know how they even keep going, their stock, attitude and prices are so bad. I wouldn’t deal with either shop again.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    there are some good and some like this that get the hump about RFDs that work from their homes
    Well I can have a degree of sympathy with this view: Zero overheads, nominal stock and a when you have found it on the internet I will see how cheap I can get it sales technique!

Quote Originally Posted by copperjacket View Post
    Well I can have a degree of sympathy with this view: Zero overheads, nominal stock and a when you have found it on the internet I will see how cheap I can get it sales technique!
    the two I speak of work from home, the one in lumphanan is huge. yes no overheads as the shops have but to slate another RFD because they can sell it that little bit cheaper as they have not got the same overheads is petty. there was other RFDs that worked from home up here, their premises where on their land and never offered internet sales ,face to face only due to the fact they dealt mainly in fire arms and ammunition.

also the guy in the article I posted seems to like getting his versions of his stories mixed and matched by the reporters. if they did it to him once ,why go back to them 2 or 3 times again? he admitted last night they twisted his replies.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    You could go one better than that, Nick.

Why not offer free flights and airport transfers for customers and we can come and see for ourselves??
    Tony solves the problem again!
    Well done mate I knew we could rely on you
    Nick can you have the tickets at the bash ?

Pete
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    country ways west malling in kent its a big place its a barn lol clothing shells shotguns rim fire you name it they have it give them a visit if you ever come this far they are happy to help with what ever your needs well worth a visit
    2nd that, and the owner Colin is quite a character and very interesting to talk to.

My local RFD, Myles at MBR Sporting is without doubt the cheeriest and best humoured man I know in the firearms world.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    not been to McLeod .a friend lives up that way and uses them. he rates them well.

lived up this way for 12 years and never been on distillery tour . not into whisky so that may be the reason why lol

grahams in Inverness is supposedly a good shop. never been in it. nearly was last year but we did not go in.

armadale has been the best shop I have been in .used to go into a few in Edinburgh. country life on balgreen road was good as I worked nearby. guns and ammo (think that was the name, its what we knew it as) was good. I bought a fair bit there. lots of knives from there. it was a great shop. both shops are now closed.

wonderland model shop sold airguns and blank fire guns. I bought a 1911 blank fire in there. it would double feed when fired. I took it back and they gave me some duff info about me having to send it back to the importer myself . I never went back in there after that. it was a great model shop but a poor gunshp back then.
    Wow Guns and Ammo at the top of Leith Walk, run buy Ernie Folley if my memory is correct, always moaning about the VAT, had tonnes of NOS upstairs with the mainshop downstairs, used to haunt that place weekly as a kid in the late 70's, happy days.

Went to Wonderland's last time I was in Edinburgh and it certainly is a good modelshop, gun wise pretty poor!

I've always received great service at Redbeck just 10 minutes away from me, also great service from City in Lincoln,especially if the dealings are springer related .

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Wow Guns and Ammo at the top of Leith Walk, run buy Ernie Folley if my memory is correct, always moaning about the VAT, had tonnes of NOS upstairs with the mainshop downstairs, used to haunt that place weekly as a kid in the late 70's, happy days.

Went to Wonderland's last time I was in Edinburgh and it certainly is a good modelshop, gun wise pretty poor!
    not sure of his name. was him and his wife. you were not allowed upstairs. the shop had big steps outside to get into the shop.

in was in almost every other week. mainly for knives was a great shop. I have a pic of the wife in my memory and a vague one of him. I would have last been in around 1995 if not a few years before.

sign post here http://www.scran.ac.uk/database/reco...-000-536-437-C

post 68 http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....gunshops/page5
    Last edited by bighit; 17-01-2017 at 09:18 PM.

Best shop

Hi All

Sandwell Field Sports
    Queens Court Trading Estate
    13 Greets Green Rd
    West Bromwich
    B70 9EG

Run by Tony Wall

Best shop ever, when you visit you get a coffee and very good service.

Dave H.
    Rifles: HW 97 .177 SFS tuned; HW 95 .177 in a 98 stock,Rat Works tuned; HW 35 limited edition, .177

Quote Originally Posted by Dave 1 View Post
    Hi All

Sandwell Field Sports
    Queens Court Trading Estate
    13 Greets Green Rd
    West Bromwich
    B70 9EG

Run by Tony Wall

Best shop ever, when you visit you get a coffee and very good service.

Dave H.
    Tony-is that you?????
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter