Thread: Anyone actually encountered a Happy Gun shop??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    Or the i want to sell my gun, how much you looking for...... well you got one for sale at £450 i want £425
    Yes that happens a lot. It's worth £600, the shop can't give you £600 and then sell it for £600. With vat and a little profit trade in would be £400 max. Customers can't always see that.[/QUOTE]

What a lot don't realise, the amount of paperwork we have to fill in as a retailer. not forgetting the cost of our RFD certificate, which every member of staff has to be entered on if they are selling guns. This means they are all back ground checked and as of last year all have to have a medical check (even if they hold a licence already, from my understanding if your licence is renewed 3 months or less before, they will use that one) that has to be paid for.

Want to end up with a small fortune, start off with a big one and open a gun shop

Quote Originally Posted by gunshop View Post
    Want to end up with a small fortune, start off with a big one and open a gun shop
    I'll second that!!

Some years ago I took an AYA Coral into a local dealers intending to chop it in it for an air rifle. This particular model averaged out in price around £1100 with prices gleaned from dealers sales and I thought I would get £800 - £900 for it as it was in excellent order. I was most offended when I was offered £200 for it and an ensuing band of insults followed with me putting the gun into its case and walking out showing 2 erect digits.
    I went to another dealer and came out with a walnut stocked FX Cyclone, Nikko scope, rifle bag and a brand 7L air bottle, all totaling over £800. There was no hard bargaining just a pleasant offer and except.
    When I consider what my local dealer offered me was an insult and an attempt to defraud me of the guns true value. Since then I have purchased many guns both air rifles and shotguns and not one from him. A couple of weeks later one of the shop Assistants was at a shoot I attended and he came over and apologised for the behaviour of his colleague and said his actions cost the shop a lot of money as several customers who witnessed the situation walked out. I said I would never visit the shop again and I haven't.