Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Anyone actually encountered a Happy Gun shop??

Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    My local RFD is brill. One at Trowell.
    Problem with most of the shops is they have to deal with twats day in day out and they get a bit world weary. People going in for stuff they dont want and if they want something thats out of stock they create a song and dance telling the RFD the'll take their business elsewhere.

I get on with the owner great, we have shot clays together and you really couldn't wish to meet a nicer guy. The guy behind the counter is very knowledgable and once you get to know him is very helpful in every respect.
    I have to agree!😊

Tony Wall👍

A shout out for Tony Wall at Sandwell Field Sports. , a welcoming gentleman😊😊😊👍

Portsmouth GunCenter

Yes a lot of RFDs do seem to make us Airgunners feel really unwelcome.
    Great experience at the Portsmouth GunCenter.

Put a post on here a while back.
    I dropped in just to put hands on a BSA R12 CLX Pro, in Black Pepper.
    They couldn't have been nicer and when i have the cash to dive in i will prob be going back unless i can find a better deal.

P

Clay cross air guns are worth a visit always helpful and likes a chat always use him now

BigDans Airguns

Luckily nearby and what a gent

Never seen him unhappy, and goes that bit further to help a customer

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Always had good service from The Country Store in Pampisford Cambs

JB
    Never eat yellow snow
    ---------------------------------------------------------

I know the OPs sentiment and would normally agree but I went to Crackshot yesterday for the first time. I told the staff on entering I was sorted for kit, but hadnt visited before; my friend on the other hand is new to airguns and I wanted to show him what's on offer but he won't be buying anything today. They were still very friendly and Jason spent a lot of time with us just chatting and letting me compare a couple of March scopes with my Leupold.

If I wasn't very much already sorted I'd definitely be using them.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Guys at Pellpax seem friendly enough and happy to chat in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    Luckily nearby and what a gent

Never seen him unhappy, and goes that bit further to help a customer

Chris
    I've seen a few of his videos recently and can well imagine the above to be the case.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Dilks View Post
    A shout out for Tony Wall at Sandwell Field Sports. , a welcoming gentleman😊😊😊👍
    Never been there. Would love to visit one day.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by MARSH View Post
    Clay cross air guns are worth a visit always helpful and likes a chat always use him now
    Ah, not a million miles from me. I should really visit one day.

Thirty plus years ago virtually all gunshops thought Airguns to be a nuisance to be involved with. Since then, they have gradually changed from that way of thinking.
    I dealt with a gunshop for many years who because of lack of interest and knowledge just put older Airguns in the back of the store room until I went in and made him a fair offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    Or the i want to sell my gun, how much you looking for...... well you got one for sale at £450 i want £425
    Yes that happens a lot. It's worth £600, the shop can't give you £600 and then sell it for £600. With vat and a little profit trade in would be £400 max. Customers can't always see that.[/QUOTE]

What a lot don't realise, the amount of paperwork we have to fill in as a retailer. not forgetting the cost of our RFD certificate, which every member of staff has to be entered on if they are selling guns. This means they are all back ground checked and as of last year all have to have a medical check (even if they hold a licence already, from my understanding if your licence is renewed 3 months or less before, they will use that one) that has to be paid for.

Want to end up with a small fortune, start off with a big one and open a gun shop

Quote Originally Posted by gunshop View Post
    Want to end up with a small fortune, start off with a big one and open a gun shop
    I'll second that!!

Some years ago I took an AYA Coral into a local dealers intending to chop it in it for an air rifle. This particular model averaged out in price around £1100 with prices gleaned from dealers sales and I thought I would get £800 - £900 for it as it was in excellent order. I was most offended when I was offered £200 for it and an ensuing band of insults followed with me putting the gun into its case and walking out showing 2 erect digits.
    I went to another dealer and came out with a walnut stocked FX Cyclone, Nikko scope, rifle bag and a brand 7L air bottle, all totaling over £800. There was no hard bargaining just a pleasant offer and except.
    When I consider what my local dealer offered me was an insult and an attempt to defraud me of the guns true value. Since then I have purchased many guns both air rifles and shotguns and not one from him. A couple of weeks later one of the shop Assistants was at a shoot I attended and he came over and apologised for the behaviour of his colleague and said his actions cost the shop a lot of money as several customers who witnessed the situation walked out. I said I would never visit the shop again and I haven't.