Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone actually encountered a Happy Gun shop??

Sandwell field sports is always a nice shop to visit, you always get a cup of tea and a biscuit and if you pop in on a Saturday, you get a pork pie,

there are some good and some like this that get the hump about RFDs that work from their homes https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/f...across-region/

Robbie MacGregor, who owns Angler’s Choice Tackle and Guns in Dundee, said: “The problem is getting worse, as the authorities are allowing people left, right and centre to become Registered Firearm Dealers (RFD). I know that there are people selling guns and ammunition in their garages around the area. It’s not very difficult to get a RFD ticket and that’s not right.
    “Would the authorities let you sell alcohol from your garage? No. Would they let you run a gambling business from your garage? No.

“Yet, they allow people to sell guns and ammunition from their homes. And that’s the problem.
    “Guns such as rifles and shotguns should be stored in secured cabinets that are not easily accessible — so why are they being stolen?

not the first time he has spoken out. only been an RFD for a few years and knows it all.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by charub View Post
    You are bang on the money with that!
    I quite often judge whether I'm going to purchase anything from a shop by starting to look at the Big Bang rifles/shotguns and then see if I'm treated any differently when I start looking in the air rifle racks.

Countryways are an exception because their air rifle dept. Is a shop in its own right (away from the big boys toys) and you are treated with enthusiasm and a smile.
    I'd forgotten them!! When I lived in Cranbrook I used them as my first port of call. Freindly, reasonably priced with an indoor range and a staffy on the staff!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    hi, has anyone got anything to say about kranks in pudsey leeds. atb mick ps good or bad.
    The owner is ok to deal with,The bloke who works for him is a Bell end.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    there are some good and some like this that get the hump about RFDs that work from their homes https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/f...across-region/

Robbie MacGregor, who owns Angler’s Choice Tackle and Guns in Dundee, said: “The problem is getting worse, as the authorities are allowing people left, right and centre to become Registered Firearm Dealers (RFD). I know that there are people selling guns and ammunition in their garages around the area. It’s not very difficult to get a RFD ticket and that’s not right.
    “Would the authorities let you sell alcohol from your garage? No. Would they let you run a gambling business from your garage? No.

“Yet, they allow people to sell guns and ammunition from their homes. And that’s the problem.
    “Guns such as rifles and shotguns should be stored in secured cabinets that are not easily accessible — so why are they being stolen?

not the first time he has spoken out. only been an RFD for a few years and knows it all.
    I pass this shop now and again, I must call !
    Also call at Crockarts, Blairgowrie from time to time.

Called in at Mallochs of Perth recently but wasn't impressed with their gun collection.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    I pass this shop now and again, I must call !
    Also call at Crockarts, Blairgowrie from time to time.
    I know of a few RFDs that work from home and they have been good with me and any others that I know that have used them. the guy in the link likes to talk to the press about guns and not in a good way.

sounds like sour grapes from him.

never shopped in that area gun wise. one of the better ones in that area was Gows. been closed for a good few years now. the owner that had it before the ones that had it when it closed was a good guy from accounts I heard from people that shopped there.

my local shop is good for being helpful and cheery ,just a pity they are pricey. another nearby , the hunters cabin at Lumphanan is good too but he is mainly shotguns and powder burners. he sells from his home. its a barn conversion type thing for the gunshop.

best shop I have been to is livelines in armadale. Scott and Yvonne Hastie will help as best they can. well stocked shop and their attention to detail is great. I have had sling studs fitted to two rifles there and Scott did them there and then. and Yvonne spoke to my wife for a good while even though they had never met before .ok that is a must if you want a sale but they were not not talking guns lol.

only pity is livelines is nearly 200 miles from me. I try to go in every time I'm down that way as my parents and brother live nearby.

Once bought a nice Mk. 6 .22 Airsporter from Gows, Dundee !
    My daughter had a flat opposite at the time.

Shame the gunshop is no more !
    “An airgun or two”………

Once bought a nice Mk. 6 .22 Airsporter from Gows, Dundee !
    My daughter had a flat opposite at the time.

Shame the gunshop is no more !
    never used gows but a few workmates did. they were one of the only good shops around where I grew up. they were a good 120miles from where I lived. they few that I worked with said it was worth the time and money traveling there.

if your near armadale at anytime pop in to livelines .its worth it.

http://www.airgundealerscotland.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by copperjacket View Post
    At least you have choice! I doubt there is a single shop within 30 miles!
    Livelines in Armadale. Ok, according to Google Maps it's 42 miles from Haddington but is well worth the trip. Great stock, everything for shooting and fishing, and Scott and Yvonne couldn't be nicer, more helpful, or more knowledgeable. I've heard nothing but praise for them from other shooters too.
    Don't just do something - SIT THERE!

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    never used gows but a few workmates did. they were one of the only good shops around where I grew up. they were a good 120miles from where I lived. they few that I worked with said it was worth the time and money traveling there.

if your near armadale at anytime pop in to livelines .its worth it.

http://www.airgundealerscotland.co.uk/
    I've got the Armadale shop on my visit list the next time I'm up by !
    I'd really like to visit Macleod's at Tain so I'm waiting until I'm in the area as its "a bit of a hike" although this years Deer Stalking Fair is there soon !
    I'll do the distillery visit also !
    “An airgun or two”………

The guys/girls at A Different calibre in Letchworth, Herts are really nice. Always up for a good chat and very knowledgeable.

Despite not being located near Woodfield Products (Will Gerke - Welsh Willy), always a warm friendly welcome whenever I visit.......

I've got the Armadale shop on my visit list the next time I'm up by !
    I'd really like to visit Macleod's at Tain so I'm waiting until I'm in the area as its "a bit of a hike" although this years Deer Stalking Fair is there soon !
    I'll do the distillery visit also !
    not been to McLeod .a friend lives up that way and uses them. he rates them well.

lived up this way for 12 years and never been on distillery tour . not into whisky so that may be the reason why lol

grahams in Inverness is supposedly a good shop. never been in it. nearly was last year but we did not go in.

armadale has been the best shop I have been in .used to go into a few in Edinburgh. country life on balgreen road was good as I worked nearby. guns and ammo (think that was the name, its what we knew it as) was good. I bought a fair bit there. lots of knives from there. it was a great shop. both shops are now closed.

wonderland model shop sold airguns and blank fire guns. I bought a 1911 blank fire in there. it would double feed when fired. I took it back and they gave me some duff info about me having to send it back to the importer myself . I never went back in there after that. it was a great model shop but a poor gunshp back then.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec319 View Post
    Livelines in Armadale. Ok, according to Google Maps it's 42 miles from Haddington but is well worth the trip. Great stock, everything for shooting and fishing, and Scott and Yvonne couldn't be nicer, more helpful, or more knowledgeable. I've heard nothing but praise for them from other shooters too.
    I entirely agree - so much so that I have bought a couple of HW's, a rimfire and a PCP tank from them fairly recently!

They are undoubtedly a pleasure to deal with and are well recommended. So much so that I don't have a problem with the distance unlike other Curmudgeons

Quote Originally Posted by copperjacket View Post
    At least you have choice! I doubt there is a single shop within 30 miles!
    wonderland but I dont like it https://www.wonderlandairguns.com/air-guns/rifles/

and anew one opening soon. granton I think https://www.fishingmegastore.com/feature-edinburgh.html

John Dickson is closing at the end of the month. not sure if they did airguns.
    Last edited by bighit; 17-01-2017 at 02:46 PM.