Thread: When was the first original 75?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think the 75 was introduced in 1977, Robin. Don't know where I read this but it's in the old memory bank somehow. But whether the UK got any in that year I don't know. The examples I have owned or seen have been from '78 onwards.

The 66 is often said to have been introduced in 1974 but I have seen one 1973 example for sale. Can't remember the month but I assume it was late '73.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    I Thought the first were '77, it certainly wasn't '75, the model name was a "convenient number"
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    I've tried to find frank Dykes who were the importers then, but I presume the've closed down as there seems to be no record of the company now.

I know they tried very hard to get her one and I'm sure she had the first one they could get, and I have '77 in my mind but I'm not sure.

I know which ever year it was, she shot it at Cardiff in the British Championships, and it seized up, locked open, she walked of the point to the Dykes trade stand which was there, they took the action out of her stock, and refitted a new one taken off their display model and she continued, and still qualified for the final.

Don't know if M&G have any records from those days, may be worth trying them.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

John Walter's book says 1977.

Airgun Digest 1978 calls the Beeman-branded 75 a "new super match air rifle".