Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When was the first original 75?

Evening Robin. It should have the date stamped on the left side of the receiver near the rear. A range of metal elements were supplied as standard with the 75 and some are available from Chambers. The 66 foresight is indeed on dovetails.
    I can't remember seeing a 75 with anything other than the black inserts in the stock grooves until they did away with them altogether.

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2010/...-rifle-part-2/
    Last edited by Drew451; 07-02-2017 at 09:01 PM.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Thanks Drew

That's great, the one I've acquired is 1978, and that also explains the sights, 40 years ago I obviously took out the adjustable and used a ring, so she was right! I've checked on Chambers and they are no longer available, so any out there have a 75 foresight element ideally 4.6, but any ring will do as I can ream it.

Or even one they can lend me, so I can make one the same profile?

Checked on the picture of the original and no black inserts, we know it was a 1977, looks like the black was not on the first year ones.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Robin,

I have sent you an email.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Robin I think these pics are of a very early Original 75 import, if it's any help?

Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Thanks Danny

I found a 1977 one on eGun with a low serial 000323 with the black in the recesses, hers was also '77 but it definitely did not have them, perhaps some did, some didn't.

I know Dykes tried hard to get her one early, perhaps they'd not finalised what the spec was. Even if I find her original one, I can't prove any thing because I know the system was changed at least once when she had it when it seized up, and I know it did it again at a meeting in Germany when the factory was there, and I can't remember if they changed it or repaired it, so the system serial number will be irrelevant, but the stock will be original.

Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?