Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chrony F1 Lighting

Opposite the cow-field, just outside Dover, Kent

Chrony F1 Lighting

Needed two small reading lamps for the office and found neat little rechargeable ones on Amazon for £9 delivered. Just tried them on the F1 indoors, perfecto !

pics here
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

Hello, just a small thing. I thought that the glass on the sensors were clean but I was wrong, shining a light down inside the housing then the front one was dusty and worse still the rear one had a match head size lump of fluff on the sensor, I use floor tiles in the pellet back stop and a piece had bounced!
    Now have a tub of cotton buds to hand.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Good tip !
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

Nice lighting solution What I like about that is the lamps are free standing.

I have the 'factory' Chrony lighting kit (because it was a very good deal as a whole package when I bought my Chrony), but I've found the whole thing to be very top-heavy and therefore unstable with trailing cables and the lights mounted on the sky screens.

Another Chrony tip - If you want something to aim through, without using the metal guide pole supplied (which will break the plastic if you hit one with a pellet), then use drinking straws.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Do they work OK?

LED lights supposedly give false readings because they flicker.

Just watch slow mo in Top Gear.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Do they work OK?

LED lights supposedly give false readings because they flicker.

Just watch slow mo in Top Gear.
    I thought it was most other lights that flickered and LED were the ones ?
    Anyway appears very accurate and consistent and hasn't missed a beat in my full 15 minutes of testing

Yeah, if they do flicker, it must be at a rate that's fine for the Chrony.

The older factory lights use incandescent bulbs, but the modern ones are LEDs.

Was that £9 for two or each?....linky if its the former please
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    Was that £9 for two or each?....linky if its the former please

Each Im afraid

have a link anyway

Portable LED Desk Lamp - ICOCO Dimmable Eye-caring Table Lamp with Touch Control, 3-Level Reading Lamp, Mood Light with USB Cable, White https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LWK0U..._9AQFyb31SHQQH

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Beagle View Post
    Each Im afraid

have a link anyway

Portable LED Desk Lamp - ICOCO Dimmable Eye-caring Table Lamp with Touch Control, 3-Level Reading Lamp, Mood Light with USB Cable, White https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LWK0U..._9AQFyb31SHQQH
    Lol....I was looking at them earlier,thanks.

They work a treat and less than a score delivered...can't go wrong,thanks for posting Beagle.

They work a treat and less than a score delivered...can't go wrong,thanks for posting Beagle.
    Thanks and glad you like them

Bloody handy for when your stripping guns as well,being able to move them around the bench where needed.

I used ...

... two battery LED puck lights on top of sky screens, pointed down and secured by blue tac. Works perfectly. Very cheapp

Bloody handy for when your stripping guns as well,being able to move them around the bench where needed.
    They would make fantastic Subbuteo floodlights too... if I was 40 years younger