Thread: How are the FAS 6004s bearing up?

How are the FAS 6004s bearing up?

Lots of retailers are still selling them, here and across the water, so I'm assuming some of the early problems have been sorted.

Has the rear sight issue been addressed?

Is velocity a problem?
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    Lots of retailers are still selling them, here and across the water, so I'm assuming some of the early problems have been sorted.

Has the rear sight issue been addressed?

Is velocity a problem?
    I dont own now but looked at them a few times, and a new one quite recently.
    Nope ...no change...
    Its a beautiful elegant tool but there are issues.
    The cylinder is 5 percent smaller in volume than the typical HW40/75 but exasperated by a choked barrel, robbing about 20 fps but pressumably accurizing the pellet and being less pellet sensitive.
    This is true to some extent but only after chamfering the breach a touch to prevent inconsistancies being introduced before we get to the choke.

I did not encounter sight lowering/raising issues and did not strip any threads while performing the operation. So this may have been sorted.
    Trigger is very good but adjustment incomprehensible. Its more twiddle the screws here and there until you get lucky......too many adjustment permitations i think.....but finally you will arrive at something close to a HW75 for feel.
    Balances far better and much nicer to hold than the farm implement that Is the Baikal 46 m ....god that thing is ugly and unweildly but im afraid a good 100 fps lower in vel than the bloody thing and does get some ragging to holes in most card types.
    I can offer you no improvement save for 15 20 fps or so.

Thanks Clarky.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.