Thread: Don't shoot me down is a 50/50 Spring and Gas Ram Possible?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    When you fit the spring guide into the trigger block you can machine the seat for the bearing on the guide, this then also becomes the depth stop for the guide in the block, so you don't need to machine the rear block other than to allow the guide to be inserted.
    Last edited by Artfull-Bodger; 18-01-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Save me creating a new thread thought I’d bring back this one from 6 years ago

This stupid idea of a 50/50 Spring/ram has been on my mind for many many years.

I probably already know it’s a completely flawed idea from the start but what the heck I’m going to give it a whirl anyway

I’m going to be using a Webleysan (Webley VMX Hatsan in drag) as the test bed which seems ideal as it’s being totally stripped again whilst I work on some other bits it makes sense for some experimenting

Just need to source a few bits and bobs but hopefully I’ll start this crazy idea and report back what happens along the way.

Yep it’s probably got disaster written all over it but unless I get off my backside and at least try it that’s half the fun eh?