Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Don't shoot me down is a 50/50 Spring and Gas Ram Possible?

Springs

VMach was working on a twin spring set up. I think about 20 where produced for 97's by all accounts they shot rather nice. These were fitted in Steve's VM3R which i have fired but I'm still waiting to try my friends 97 with this tune fitted. Mach1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 21-08-2023 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    It sounds like the most expensive and painful Relum Tornado Revival possible. Two components storing energy and releasing it at different rates.

Sorry but it’s the answer to a question that hasn’t been formulated.
    That’s what really appeals in my crazy brain of trying something that sounds just so so wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    VMach was working on a twin spring set up. I think about 20 where produced for 97's by all accounts they shot rather nice. These were fitted in Steve's VM3R which have fired but I'm still waiting to try my friends 97 with this tune fitted. Mach1.5
    That sounds really interesting Paul, I would seriously love a go on something like that

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    That’s what really appeals in my crazy brain of trying something that sounds just so so wrong
    Ah ok I got it. I think I had an idea for a reverse-tune rifle once, doing the whole thing incorrectly.
    Loosely fitting PTFE piston head with lots of lost volume, as much square-section magnum mainspring as could be crammed in, no spring guides to ‘save friction’ transfer port drilled out to 5mm, lubricated with Castrol-R, front shotgun bead sight no rear sight for rapid target acquisition, 10 inch uncrowned hacksaw abbreviated barrel, Mauser broomhandle pistol grip and Tommy gun front grip. To be shot rapid fire off the front foot leaning forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Ah ok I got it. I think I had an idea for a reverse-tune rifle once, doing the whole thing incorrectly.
    Loosely fitting PTFE piston head with lots of lost volume, as much square-section magnum mainspring as could be crammed in, no spring guides to ‘save friction’ transfer port drilled out to 5mm, lubricated with Castrol-R, front shotgun bead sight no rear sight for rapid target acquisition, 10 inch uncrowned hacksaw abbreviated barrel, Mauser broomhandle pistol grip and Tommy gun front grip. To be shot rapid fire off the front foot leaning forward.
    That’s the spirit sounds perfect