Thread: Just how good is the full power HW90 in .22

Just how good is the full power HW90 in .22

Is there a better made, more accurate, and more powerful self contained rifle in .22? I had an RX-2 at one time and gave it to a young man that meant a lot to me as a great responsible guy that fell in love with the rifle. I have no regrets giving it to him, but I surely do miss that power and accuracy for small game hunting.

I'm not sure I have ever seen anything that can compete with this rifle when you list the pros and cons of them all. Only in regards to hunting/pest damage control of course, not bench rest taarget shooting.

I suppose the one flaw it had for me while shooting pigons in the barn I was clearing out. I could poke a hole through the metal roof with a miss, not very often but all other air rifles I used would ding and dent, but I never saw one go through it. That Rifle in .22 was an amazing tool!

I can only speak of the sub 12ftlb versions but I owned a HW90 and HW80 at the same time and much preferred the 80. It was a sweeter rifle to shoot, had less felt recoil, better trigger and was more accurate.
    I replaced the 90 with another gas-rammer, a Theoben Scirocco 2000 and again, it was a better gun than the 90.