Thread: Crosman Vigilante wobbly grips cured

Lightbulb Crosman Vigilante wobbly grips cured

Santa was very generous this year and delivered a Crosman Vigilante. A great budget pistol and fun to shoot at the range once I've done the more serious 10mtr paper punching with my Gamo Compact. As much as I love this Co2 revolver one thing that really irritated me was the wobbly grips. Having searched the interweb it would appear that this is quite common with both the Vigilante and the previous model ,the 357. Further searches revealed a photo of how somebody else had cured this problem.

The wobble seems to stem from the fact that the clips that hold the grips to the frame allow the grip to 'stand-off' the frame slightly creating the wobble or rattle. The photo I found showed that the owner had cured the problem by strategically placing some small self adhesive foam pads to the inside of both grips which took up the slack. These pads are the type that you can buy to place under the base of objects to stop them from scratching the surface of a table or worktop.

I have applied this modification to my Vigilante and it worked a charm.

I hope you 357 or Vigilante owners find this a useful as I did.

Credit to the original owner that had this bright idea.

JP

Nice tip JP

I'm yet to try the 357 or vigilante but have heard good things about them especialy considering there price point

Chap down the club last night just bought a vigilante and I advised should he get the wobbly grips about doing your modification.

I actually got chance to shoot it and must say there pretty good

I'm very pleased with mine. I'd be interested to shoot the Gamo PR-776 though as it is similar and looks like a nice piece of kit, Has anyone got one? I'd be interested in your feedback.