Thread: Bullpup riflles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bullpup riflles

Hi guys

m after a bullpup and my local shop sells the Kalibrgun Cricket, as well as the AA and FX offerings. What bulllpup do you recommend, ive heard a few bad things about the fx bullpups and rave reviews about the cricket ? Anybody guide me in the right direction

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by akelly View Post
    Hi guys

m after a bullpup and my local shop sells the Kalibrgun Cricket, as well as the AA and FX offerings. What bulllpup do you recommend, ive heard a few bad things about the fx bullpups and rave reviews about the cricket ? Anybody guide me in the right direction

Ant
    Have a look at the Hatsan Gladius. I have one in .177 and it will give any of the rest a run for the money. Sub £500 with four magazines and a hard case.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

my mate has custom vit stocked AAs410 for sale. its a nice rifle. he is selling up ,into his motorbikes more.

its a .22 .also has charging gear for it.

http://airgunbuyer.com/Showproducts....version%20Kits

scroll down to the s410 .

paul

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Have a look at the Hatsan Gladius. I have one in .177 and it will give any of the rest a run for the money. Sub £500 with four magazines and a hard case.
    thanks for the info, ive never been keen on hatsans, so do they shoot well and are they well made?

If everything seems to be under control.........you are not going fast enough!

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    thanks for the info, ive never been keen on hatsans, so do they shoot well and are they well made?
    I have one, shoots very well and the charging lever is in the right place unlike most bullpups so really nice to cycle fast. Build quality? Well let's say they put a Russian T34 tank to shame. Be aware that they are 'kin heavy and have to be supported- a bipod is a must!

Overall very impressed.

FX wildcat? I have one in 177. I've often seen negative comments of these but mine is utterly superb- the Rolls Royce of its type in my opinion, astonishingly good accuracy at long range. Perhaps I'm lucky.. But pricey.

SMK P10 shorty? I have one of these as well . In fact for the money it's superb. Handles well and as accurate (it's 22) as I could ever want. The bolt is hard to cycle and it's not in a good place- but for the money who cares? Just great fun and well made (actually VERY well made)

So now I've confused you, I'm off to bed
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Shoot as good as anything else out there. As for quality go and have a look in a shop and don't be put off by the usual poo pooing given out by people who spent double the amount for half the gun....
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Shoot as good as anything else out there. As for quality go and have a look in a shop and don't be put off by the usual poo pooing given out by people who spent double the amount for half the gun....
    thanks mate , cant find many reviews out there. I did find this on youtube and the groupings look very bad ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBzHoTPYrnE

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    The trigger on the Gladius needs careful setting up. It is based on the decent Webley trigger unit (whose name escapes me- sorry) so does respond to what you want. Out of the box it's heavy and vague, once you set it up it's pretty damn good, not the best but more than adequate.

Personally I detest the auto safety trigger blade which is in front of your trigger finger and needs to be pushed forwards before a shot is taken. When I have time I'll find a way to disable and remove it.

Overall a good accurate rifle which responds very well to basic setting up .
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

thanks mate , cant find many reviews out there. I did find this on youtube and the groupings look very bad ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBzHoTPYrnE
    Anyone who expects accuracy when shooting as that muppet was needs banning from the sport. Not intended at you my friend but that dick is a tool. He has the fore end sitting waving about with both hands on the butt section which begs the question were he learned to shoot. Now if he held the gun properly those groups would be close to single hole. He also states his test pellet which I am at a loss for words. If you are going to do a review at least have an idea about subject matter. Hatsan's need the barrel cleaning before use. Find the pellet that suits the gun before expecting accuracy. RWS Superdome used to be a good pellet in HW80 20 odd years ago but are poor in modern PCP type rifles.