Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bullpup riflles

Had a feel of the hats an today , I intended on buying it but after shouldering it and inspecting it I wasn't that keen, so looks like I'm still looking!

Quote Originally Posted by akelly View Post
    Had a feel of the hats an today , I intended on buying it but after shouldering it and inspecting it I wasn't that keen, so looks like I'm still looking!
    Down to personal preference but can I ask what put you off?
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Can't fault my FX Bobcat mk2.

just be aware, for close range shots, there will be massive holdover. because the scope will sit high on a bullpup.

the higher the scope the more comfort you can have. We are talking about 2-3 plus mildots plus at true 10x mag at shorter distances than your primary zero it runs away - just crazy. you can learn it though.

maybe just me, but i was just spoiled by hw100 and low scope setup.

i am a bullpup fan, i would never buy a long classic rifle again, one - especially in sub12. There is no reason why would one wield a mop really!
    Bullpups highly recommended!
    Last edited by krisko; 18-01-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by krisko View Post
    just be aware, for close range shots, there will be massive holdover. because the scope will sit high on a bullpup.

the higher the scope the more comfort you can have. We are talking about 2-3 plus mildots plus at true 10x mag at shorter distances than your primary zero it runs away - just crazy. you can learn it though.

maybe just me, but i was just spoiled by hw100 and low scope setup.

i am a bullpup fan, i would never buy a long classic rifle again, one - especially in sub12. There is no reason why would one wield a mop really!
    Bullpups highly recommended!
    Solution is to use a 40mm objective scope on the lowest mounts you can get away with. I only have a few mm between scope and barrel shroud.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Down to personal preference but can I ask what put you off?
    hi mate , after owning a fx bobcat it felt "cheap" but then again most bullpups do ! i was kicking myself all afternoon weather to go back and buy it though !!!

Quote Originally Posted by akelly View Post
    hi mate , after owning a fx bobcat it felt "cheap" but then again most bullpups do ! i was kicking myself all afternoon weather to go back and buy it though !!!
    It is cheap but most certainly not tacky. I prefer to think of it as built like a brick toilet or words to that effect. Make the effort to clean the barrel and lead it in with about 50 pellets. Mine is single hole at 20 yards down my garden rested on the wheeliebin.

I've ended up with a brocock compatto and up to now I'm very pleased with it

Personally I think Bullpup rifles look like the scope has fallen out with the barrel.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

An excuse to molest an innocent scaffolding plank.

Ora

the following come from reading alone and i have no first hand experience of bullpup air rifle's

the main problem with bullpup design was getting a decent trigger setup. i'm sure all the manufactures mentioned so far have done a good job in this regard but seeing as they all rely on a mechanical link between the breach area and the forward positioned bullpup trigger area i'm sure there is still room for improvement.

This brings me onto why i think Daystate are on to a good idea with there Pulsar bullpup. I was never a great fan of electronic trigger units in a normal design pcp as i was always happy with a quality and well setup mechanical one. But for a the bullpup design i see this a big advantage. They alsp look better than most other's out there and the build quality will be up there with the best of them. i know someone going to say well they are best part of £2000 and a you will be right in thinking that's to much for many to spend, but as this thread was kind of asking for thoughts on the best i would say start with the Pulsar and work down.

I very recently have bought a Hatsan Gladius and currently in process of fitting a lane regulator. .

Shoots really well in all honesty but needs more consistency that's why the reg.

I would liken it to the AK47, very robust with simplistic design and mechanism, only thing that lets it down imo is the finish. Marks very easily and not much finess with engineering. But if all that matters to you is putting the pellet where you want then give it a try, it is a true bull pup even though a little heavy.

Had mine in piece parts if antone needs advice.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Guy545 View Post
    the following come from reading alone and i have no first hand experience of bullpup air rifle's

the main problem with bullpup design was getting a decent trigger setup. i'm sure all the manufactures mentioned so far have done a good job in this regard but seeing as they all rely on a mechanical link between the breach area and the forward positioned bullpup trigger area i'm sure there is still room for improvement.
    I used a friend's Compatto for a while. The trigger, to start, was quite 'creepy'. but after about 10 minutes of adjustment it is excellent. (I have now bought the rifle)
    Keen but clueless..

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Personally I think Bullpup rifles look like the scope has fallen out with the barrel.
    A valid point if bullpups were about how they look.
    The reality is all.about handling not looks and there are plenty of std length rifles that are as ugly as a bucket of wart toads.

I dont think the HW100 wins many points on looks...esp thumbhole karbine but it isnt about looks.

If you want to spend money on looks then it will probably dent your wallet and not fit.

It could be bright pink with daisys on.... but if it does the job then WTF 😆

Actually....come to think.of it....I wonder if duracoat........naah........ok...pinks too far....but you get the idea.

For me its all about fit and meeting the function. When 8 was at another club...this guy came along with one of the ltd edition high gloss wolfs....grey was it......doesnt matter.

It got taken out...10 shots then put back. REALLY !!!!! What is the point of shelf queens.....just no comprende...

So ugly is the new chic if it does what it needs to do.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill