Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullpup riflles

Bullpup riflles

Hi guys

m after a bullpup and my local shop sells the Kalibrgun Cricket, as well as the AA and FX offerings. What bulllpup do you recommend, ive heard a few bad things about the fx bullpups and rave reviews about the cricket ? Anybody guide me in the right direction

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by akelly View Post
    Hi guys

m after a bullpup and my local shop sells the Kalibrgun Cricket, as well as the AA and FX offerings. What bulllpup do you recommend, ive heard a few bad things about the fx bullpups and rave reviews about the cricket ? Anybody guide me in the right direction

Ant
    Have a look at the Hatsan Gladius. I have one in .177 and it will give any of the rest a run for the money. Sub £500 with four magazines and a hard case.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

my mate has custom vit stocked AAs410 for sale. its a nice rifle. he is selling up ,into his motorbikes more.

its a .22 .also has charging gear for it.

http://airgunbuyer.com/Showproducts....version%20Kits

scroll down to the s410 .

paul

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Have a look at the Hatsan Gladius. I have one in .177 and it will give any of the rest a run for the money. Sub £500 with four magazines and a hard case.
    thanks for the info, ive never been keen on hatsans, so do they shoot well and are they well made?

If everything seems to be under control.........you are not going fast enough!

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    thanks for the info, ive never been keen on hatsans, so do they shoot well and are they well made?
    I have one, shoots very well and the charging lever is in the right place unlike most bullpups so really nice to cycle fast. Build quality? Well let's say they put a Russian T34 tank to shame. Be aware that they are 'kin heavy and have to be supported- a bipod is a must!

Overall very impressed.

FX wildcat? I have one in 177. I've often seen negative comments of these but mine is utterly superb- the Rolls Royce of its type in my opinion, astonishingly good accuracy at long range. Perhaps I'm lucky.. But pricey.

SMK P10 shorty? I have one of these as well . In fact for the money it's superb. Handles well and as accurate (it's 22) as I could ever want. The bolt is hard to cycle and it's not in a good place- but for the money who cares? Just great fun and well made (actually VERY well made)

So now I've confused you, I'm off to bed
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Shoot as good as anything else out there. As for quality go and have a look in a shop and don't be put off by the usual poo pooing given out by people who spent double the amount for half the gun....
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Shoot as good as anything else out there. As for quality go and have a look in a shop and don't be put off by the usual poo pooing given out by people who spent double the amount for half the gun....
    thanks mate , cant find many reviews out there. I did find this on youtube and the groupings look very bad ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBzHoTPYrnE

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    The trigger on the Gladius needs careful setting up. It is based on the decent Webley trigger unit (whose name escapes me- sorry) so does respond to what you want. Out of the box it's heavy and vague, once you set it up it's pretty damn good, not the best but more than adequate.

Personally I detest the auto safety trigger blade which is in front of your trigger finger and needs to be pushed forwards before a shot is taken. When I have time I'll find a way to disable and remove it.

Overall a good accurate rifle which responds very well to basic setting up .
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

thanks mate , cant find many reviews out there. I did find this on youtube and the groupings look very bad ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBzHoTPYrnE
    Anyone who expects accuracy when shooting as that muppet was needs banning from the sport. Not intended at you my friend but that dick is a tool. He has the fore end sitting waving about with both hands on the butt section which begs the question were he learned to shoot. Now if he held the gun properly those groups would be close to single hole. He also states his test pellet which I am at a loss for words. If you are going to do a review at least have an idea about subject matter. Hatsan's need the barrel cleaning before use. Find the pellet that suits the gun before expecting accuracy. RWS Superdome used to be a good pellet in HW80 20 odd years ago but are poor in modern PCP type rifles.

Anyone who expects accuracy when shooting as that muppet was needs banning from the sport. Not intended at you my friend but that dick is a tool. He has the fore end sitting waving about with both hands on the butt section which begs the question were he learned to shoot. Now if he held the gun properly those groups would be close to single hole. He also states his test pellet which I am at a loss for words. If you are going to do a review at least have an idea about subject matter. Hatsan's need the barrel cleaning before use. Find the pellet that suits the gun before expecting accuracy. RWS Superdome used to be a good pellet in HW80 20 odd years ago but are poor in modern PCP type rifles.
    Sorry Rob, I have to disagree with you. When I bought my first air rifle, a springer, just 6 years ago and was a newbie shooting at my local range, I was approached by an elderly gentleman who offered me some tips on shooting. He said he had been watching my technique and could improve my accuracy if I was interested. With the muzzle end of the stock rested and one hand on the trigger grip he showed me that putting the other hand under the butt meant that the trigger grip hand controlled the lateral movement and the hand under the butt controlled the vertical movement by small movements of the muscles in that hand. My accuracy improved phenomenally, and subsequent competition wins at bench rest have proved his technique many times over. The elderly gent that advised me - he turned out to be a Bisley multiple medal winner at .22 small bore at 100 yards. Speaks for itself.

so top bench rest shooters must be Muppets too then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JnCJEJ0ALk

also snipers must be Muppets too

The USMC sniper now typically holds his rifle in the crossed arm position while the forend of the rifle rests on a pack. Recoil of the M24 rifle is mild and generally, very little control is needed to maintain POI (point of impact).

It is highly likely that competitive shooting had a huge influence on the current prone shooting position used by allied snipers. The crossed arm hand hold is popular in various competitive disciplines due to the steadiness the shooter can obtain from this position. Extremely heavy rifles and low recoiling cartridges enable the crossed arm hand hold to be used with optimum results.

the two examples are from powder burners but the principle is the same with a PCP albeit the PCP has little to no recoil.
    Last edited by bighit; 18-01-2017 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootfish View Post
    Sorry Rob, I have to disagree with you. When I bought my first air rifle, a springer, just 6 years ago and was a newbie shooting at my local range, I was approached by an elderly gentleman who offered me some tips on shooting. He said he had been watching my technique and could improve my accuracy if I was interested. With the muzzle end of the stock rested and one hand on the trigger grip he showed me that putting the other hand under the butt meant that the trigger grip hand controlled the lateral movement and the hand under the butt controlled the vertical movement by small movements of the muscles in that hand. My accuracy improved phenomenally, and subsequent competition wins at bench rest have proved his technique many times over. The elderly gent that advised me - he turned out to be a Bisley multiple medal winner at .22 small bore at 100 yards. Speaks for itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    so top bench rest shooters must be Muppets too then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JnCJEJ0ALk

also snipers must be Muppets too

The USMC sniper now typically holds his rifle in the crossed arm position while the forend of the rifle rests on a pack. Recoil of the M24 rifle is mild and generally, very little control is needed to maintain POI (point of impact).

It is highly likely that competitive shooting had a huge influence on the current prone shooting position used by allied snipers. The crossed arm hand hold is popular in various competitive disciplines due to the steadiness the shooter can obtain from this position. Extremely heavy rifles and low recoiling cartridges enable the crossed arm hand hold to be used with optimum results.

the two examples are from powder burners but the principle is the same with a PCP albeit the PCP has little to no recoil.
    The don't attempt to support the front Piccatiny rail on a hard semi cushioned surface do they. Bench rest rifles are predominently flat at the front to offer the biggest contact point with the rest. Cross arm hold is fine on a long gun but this is a bullpup with quite a high percentage of the barrel forward of the support point. I have watched a couple of his videos and find it to be very much a man in a shed production. I own Gladius and if you want it to shoot like a shotgun follow this guy's example. If you want accuracy either use a light artillery hold or fix it on a Piccatiny bipod to remove sway.

Handbags at dawn guys, i thought this was a thread asking opinions on certain Bullpups not on how to shoot them !!!!!!!!!!! Try staying on the topic.

Had x2 crickets and could not get on with the cocking lever placement, felt like I was trying to scratch my ear with no elbow!!!! This also led to the mag not cycling quite right and firing on an empty chamber.

Have got an fx Impact which I like and so far after 1000 pellets is reliable touch wood.

The Hatsan does intrest me though and if I see one going cheap will probably buy and play with.