Thread: Scope for a break barrel springer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    True, but this isn't the scope not holding zero is it. Discuss!
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

Chicken or egg Rob. What came first, the bad springer or the broke scope?

I'm still looking. I went to see one yesterday which was advertised as mounts included but they weren't which was a blessing really because the tube was crimped.
    I have also looked through other Hawke scopes and like the glass so if the cheaper models are shockproof they could well be an option and I will be able to afford to buy a new one.
    Does anyone know if the whole range of Hawke scopes are suitable for springers?
    Thanks again.
    Gary.

Ive got a Hawke Frontier 3-9x40 on my 95,very decent scope. In fact I've just managed to buy another, very clear Jap lenses in these. Only downside is they are from the 90,s I believe and don't see many around. I've also just acquired a Vortex Diamondback 2-7x35, not mounted it yet, but my god it looks very promising, looks a little beauty.
    Edit Sorry scrap my advice, just seen you want 12x mag

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Ive got a Hawke Frontier 3-9x40 on my 95,very decent scope. In fact I've just managed to buy another, very clear Jap lenses in these. Only downside is they are from the 90,s I believe and don't see many around. I've also just acquired a Vortex Diamondback 2-7x35, not mounted it yet, but my god it looks very promising, looks a little beauty.
    Edit Sorry scrap my advice, just seen you want 12x mag
    Thanks for your help again.

I would prefer something that will go to 12x mag as I will be mainly using it on the local 55yd indoor range (ok, I know 55yds is ambitious but I will be taking the odd pot shot at that range). I'm currently having a little success at 45yds, hitting on average 2-3 out of 5 15mm knockdowns (or are they 20mm?).